Car towed away whilst on holiday

Hello,

I have just got back from a two week holiday to find my car is missing. The pavement appears to have been resurfaced, so I suspect the council or amey has towed it away. I have not had any letter about this in the post and their "24 hour" number listed here:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/schemes/streetsaheadproject/works-schedules/parking-restrictions.html

rings without any answer. Does anyone know how else I can find out if they have my car?

Also what is the likelihood I can successfully appeal to have all charges revoked - there were no signs up about any work in the next two weeks when I left to go on holiday, and I would hope there is some law about giving residents reasonable notice about specific dates to avoid this!

Hello,

I have just got back from a two week holiday to find my car is missing. The pavement appears to have been resurfaced, so I suspect the council or amey has towed it away. I have not had any letter about this in the post and their "24 hour" number listed here:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/schemes/streetsaheadproject/works-schedules/parking-restrictions.html

rings without any answer. Does anyone know how else I can find out if they have my car?

Also what is the likelihood I can successfully appeal to have all charges revoked - there were no signs up about any work in the next two weeks when I left to go on holiday, and I would hope there is some law about giving residents reasonable notice about specific dates to avoid this!

A member on here called solitaire had her car towed away while she was away and she won her appeal .what amey do before they start works is they take pictures of the area they are going to work in and if those pictures show your car was parked there you should appeal hope this helps. Also call 01142734567 I think is number you need to ring

I'd ring the police. You only suspect it has been towed away. It could have been stolen. I've got to say though that Amey will know where your car is

Cover all bases and call the police in case it has been stolen

They're supposed to put signs up well in advance but I've seen them put signs up on a Saturday and start work on a Monday.

Thats before you consider when they came down on Rustlings Road without any prior notice whatsoever.

The Police are always informed when the Council tow a vehicle.

---------- Post added 03-12-2016 at 11:24 ----------

They're supposed to put signs up well in advance but I've seen them put signs up on a Saturday and start work on a Monday.

Thats before you consider when they came down on Rustlings Road without any prior notice whatsoever.

The Council didn't tow the vehicles on Rustlings Rd, it was done by the Police, who don't have to give any notice.

If it was coniston road they didn't even give 24 hours warning. I was working from home and saw them put the notes out midday the day before for towing 7am

The Council didn't tow the vehicles on Rustlings Rd, it was done by the Police, who don't have to give any notice.

I'm sure thats a great comfort to those people who's cars did get towed.

I'm sure thats a great comfort to those people who's cars did get towed.

My understanding is that those cars got towed to a safe spot just around the corner and the owners were advised were they were, so not a great deal of inconvenience and no cost to the owner.

No I did call the towing company and they confirmed they took the car. Have been charged more than £100 to get it back :(

No I did call the towing company and they confirmed they took the car. Have been charged more than £100 to get it back :(

The Simpsons, without proper notice.