Stolen vans at Crookes.

My mate has had his Ford transit van stolen on Sunday from Crookes / Crosspool area and apparently there were two more taken too. He has lost everything...the theiving tw.ts. Let all your van owner pal's know and to get their vans alarmed.

Perhaps get them fitted with a tracker too.

All I've done with mine is cut wire 16 on the eobd plug ,that stops them and I've got a peddle box fitted as well

My mate has had his Ford transit van stolen on Sunday from Crookes / Crosspool area and apparently there were two more taken too. He has lost everything...the theiving tw.ts. Let all your van owner pal's know and to get their vans alarmed.

How were they stolen (if you can say without revealing too much)?

How were they stolen (if you can say without revealing too much)?

They open van with a tool off internet so don't damage your locks and this tool also acts to enable them to get a spare key cut ,they then simply unlock the van and plug in a key programmer ,code in the new key and then drive away ..the whole process takes less than 3 minutes .ive advised all people I know to cut the 16 wire so that the key programmer can not be used as it needs a power supply which it takes from the van ,cutting 16 wire removes the power supply

Thanks, does this apply to certain makes and year(s)? Doesn't affect me personally but might be helpful to members who could be.

Thanks, does this apply to certain makes and year(s)? Doesn't affect me personally but might be helpful to members who could be.

It's transits that are taken using this method and all ones I know about are either mk6 or mk7