Tim Farron - the next truely great Prime Minister?

Do you think that polititians such as Nigel Farage and newly elected President Fart speak for older voters?

Most of the people in America who voted for fart were male and over 45 years old

Does this not tell you about how the voting public of the future?

Not for now, but in another 10 years time when the oldies are no longer with us and the younger people have the vote.

Normally what happens is that the present oldies just get replace by newer oldies, and so on ad infinitum.

It's certainly true that Lib Dems are picking up members and supporters that are mainly left leaning younger educated voters as Labour and the Conservatives shift to combat losses to UKIP.

A lot of the new members recently are former centrist Labour voters or supporters who, I think, were caught by the binary system into voting Labour, but realise since Labour aren't offering any opposition then there's no point voting for them.

---------- Post added 29-11-2016 at 21:59 ----------

Do you think that polititians such as Nigel Farage and newly elected President Fart speak for older voters?

Most of the people in America who voted for fart were male and over 45 years old

Does this not tell you about how the voting public of the future?

The majority of under 50s voted remain. It was the oldies that swung Brexit.

The Question Time audience does not seem terribly representative of the public at large; and Tim Farron is a word mangling opportunistic bottom feeder who is similarly out of touch. I've got more chance of becoming the Chief Rabbi than he has of becoming Prime minister. And I'm not even Jewish.

It's certainly true that Lib Dems are picking up members and supporters that are mainly left leaning younger educated voters as Labour and the Conservatives shift to combat losses to UKIP.

Its easy for the Liberal Democrats, at the moment.

Just based on being sane, and a second referendum - which is just the way its going. Policies will be needed before the next general election, that will sort the men from the boys.

Its easy for the Liberal Democrats, at the moment.

Just based on being sane, and a second referendum - which is just the way its going. Policies will be needed before the next general election, that will sort the men from the boys.

The lib dems are very clear what we stand for:

http://www.markpack.org.uk/files/2016/11/What-Do-Liberal-Democrats-Believe-–-high-res-poster-Nov-2016.png

Announcing policies early would just give Labour some ideas to steal.

I couldn't consider voting for anyone who thinks he has a personal relationship with Jesus.

The Question Time audience does not seem terribly representative of the public at large; and Tim Farron is a word mangling opportunistic bottom feeder who is similarly out of touch. I've got more chance of becoming the Chief Rabbi than he has of becoming Prime minister. And I'm not even Jewish.

I would argue/question this slightly Harry...

They cheer obvious things, so perhaps they are representative of the public at large?

Generally, stupid.

I couldn't consider voting for anyone who thinks he has a personal relationship with Jesus.

I think it drives his core values in the right direction but I'm sure many will share those sentiments which is why I think his appeal will be somewhat limited. I have an inkling his voting record on subjects like homeopathy would be heavily publicised if he ever became a real threat to power. He'll steady the ship well but I'm under no illusions that he'll make it to PM.

For goodness sake, the only thing that's missing is the oversized school cap !

---------- Post added 29-11-2016 at 23:08 ----------

For goodness sake, the only thing missing is this joker's oversized school cap .

I agree its a negative, but that rules out May too.

I would argue/question this slightly Harry...

They cheer obvious things, so perhaps they are representative of the public at large?

Generally, stupid.

Perhaps so. But for some unquantifiable reason Farron really does get under my skin; I do over react to him.