Person misusing a disabled parking space?

Hi I live near some bungalows one man in particular has a parking space. Recently he has had a disabled parking space put outside his house but hardly uses it. When he does it's just for dropping the shopping off or his friends use it when they come round.

It is a busy street as it is and I find this highly unfair that he has done this is there anyone I complain to about this clear Miss use of the space?

If the council have painted the disabled parking space outside his home, then surely he qualifies for it?

He gardens extremely well for a disabled person and walks from his car to the house fine with no help.

I would say the council has been had on this one to be honest.

He must have fulfilled the criteria for the council to have provided the space, they don't just give them to anyone.

He might be able to walk to his door OK, and potter around the garden, but he might not be able to walk much further without difficulty. If, as you say it is a busy road, he may have extreme difficulties if he cannot park close to his house.

His friends might also have disabilities? Anyone with a blue badge can park in any disabled space.

He gardens extremely well for a disabled person and walks from his car to the house fine with no help.

I would say the council has been had on this one to be honest.

So ? That doesnt mean he isnt disabled.

To look at me, you would think im perfectly healthy, yet I have asthma, copd and on top of that I have dilated cardiomyopathy.

This means I have trouble breathing after walking more than 100 yards or so, due to the lack of oxygen in my bloodstream, and my heart could literally explode at any time.

Dont just a book by its cover !

No his friends don't have disabled badges neither do the builders who use the space when they come round

It's extremely difficult to get a disabled parking bay outside your home. You say he drops off his shopping, is this in his car if so where does he park it, or is it a taxi/friends that does this? Is it his wife that's disabled, if she is unable to drive she can at a cost which a couple of years ago was £100-£150 pay yourself for it to be painted rather than the highways, again you have to produce proof of current benefits and a case as to why you need this space, also proof of residency.

No his friends don't have disabled badges neither do the builders who use the space when they come round
really

If its really upsetting you that much take some photos of the offenders and get in touch with Howden House they will give you advice . Soon have the bxxxxxxx behind bars and get his blue badge taken after him . Youre a great neighbour do you cut his grass for him in the summer :hihi::hihi::hihi::suspect:

---------- Post added 30-11-2016 at 15:43 ----------

So you would like the builders to park outside your house instead :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Thanks to most of you for your answers the subject has now been sorted and I am pleased to say no harm was done. The man was in his rights and I am satisfied with the result.

I am sure that plenty of people here have seen people misuse disability spaces and rights before.

Allan101, there is no shame in querying? This time I am assuming it's a legal claim and not fraudulent but on some occasions it may be, so I for one as a tax payer say good on you!

There is one such bay a house up from us. The council even repainted it recently, however the people who needed it moved out three years ago.