Road works on Blackstock road

hi can anyone tell me what going on with the road works at the top of blackstock road near newfield green shops. they seem to have been at it for month with little sign of what ever they ae doing, being completed does anyone know what they are doing. are they putting in a bus lane o divirting cars in another direction. it does seem to be taking for ages to complete

Bus lane making it easier to turn as the corner angle has been reduced.

Will save 8 seconds a bus apparantly.

this road works is causing a nightmare back up after 3 oclock its spot the workmen

there are signs up saying it will be closed all day sunday for re-surfacing so hopefully that means something will get done...

Has anyone noticed the low wall just on Gleadless Road before the Medical Centre has had all its stone coping stones removed by Amey? then they have replaced them with paving slabs and their excuse for this action is, only three coping stones were left on the wall as all the others had been stolen by someone, a utter and complete lie,I saw them removing them all. I have photos proving that no stones were missing, I think some manager wanted them for himself or to sell on.

when I was a young lad of ten to 12 years old where the medical centre is now there used to be 3 old farm cottages there and that small piece of land were it meats the top of blackstock road. there used to be 3 pigs kept on that land I think they were owned by the people who lived in those cottages there must be some people who moved on to the valley must remember those cottages and the pigs

Today I drove up Blackstock Road and I thought I saw a sign saying it would be closed tomorrow (Sun 18th) for resurfacing. There was only one sign that I saw though so I wasn't sure. I go that way to work so if it is shut I could do with knowing so I go a different way and don't end up sat in a queue for ages. Anyone know if it is shut tomorrow?

Thanks

Has anyone noticed the low wall just on Gleadless Road before the Medical Centre has had all its stone coping stones removed by Amey? then they have replaced them with paving slabs and their excuse for this action is, only three coping stones were left on the wall as all the others had been stolen by someone, a utter and complete lie,I saw them removing them all. I have photos proving that no stones were missing, I think some manager wanted them for himself or to sell on.

Did you getva response about this when complaining?

If and when this work ever finishes and it is found that no difference has been made to traffic flow, congestion, bus times etc. then the guy / lady responsible for the idea and those who planned the work want locking in stocks in front of the Town Hall and buckets of

( deleted ) emptying over them !!!!!!!!!!

If and when this work ever finishes and it is found that no difference has been made to traffic flow, congestion, bus times etc. then the guy / lady responsible for the idea and those who planned the work want locking in stocks in front of the Town Hall and buckets of

( deleted ) emptying over them !!!!!!!!!!

Thay'll probably get a promotion for discouraging people from driving in Sheffield.

The main cause of traffic around there (at least towards Sheffield) is simple, and they've done a bunch of work that completely fails to address it. The bus stop accommodates one bus but it's a waiting point on the timetables and there's lots of buses that go past. So buses try and park behind the waiting bus, blocking the access either to one or both lanes, so Blackstock Road and Gleadless Road outside Newfield Green end up chockablock. Not just that but any buses heading to East Bank Road have to pull into the second lane and there's not enough room for the bus to move into the correct lane without blocking the other if traffic lights are red.

Net result = horrible traffic at peak times. All they've done is give the buses a shortcut to block the road. If they'd put a bus stop on the corner of Blackstock Road in the new lane they've built, and moved the bus stop outside the medical centre further back, I think that would have helped a lot.