Most overrated player in the premier league

Watching the Chelsea Spurs game and Ali must be the most overrated player going,if he played for Burnley he wouldn't get a look in for England.

Watching the Chelsea Spurs game and Ali must be the most overrated player going,if he played for Burnley he wouldn't get a look in for England.

I think you could put most of the current England squad in that bracket mate, look promising early on, get paid mountains of money before they achieve anything and then stagnate.

I think you could put most of the current England squad in that bracket mate, look promising early on, get paid mountains of money before they achieve anything and then stagnate.

Agree,youngsters come along,one decent match and they're world beaters,i.e. the Spurs New kid and Rashfords gone quiet.

The problem is that England managers seem to pick players based on who they play for rather than how good they are.

Players like Rashford, Lingard Sturridge and Alli struggle to get into their club sides but because they play for so-called big clubs, they get picked for England.

Paul Pogba - thought he was a lot better than than what he's showed so far.

Shooting from distances of 30 yards plus is just plain dumb.

Ibrahimovic - a bit over rated as well. Selfish in front of goals when has better options.

His defending from the front - reminds me of watching vets football.

Edited by MAC33

It's abit of a silly question because there's so many players to choose from!

We have (apparently) the most lucrative league in the world, but take those same teams to Europe and they're rubbish.

The problem is that England managers seem to pick players based on who they play for rather than how good they are.

Players like Rashford, Lingard Sturridge and Alli struggle to get into their club sides but because they play for so-called big clubs, they get picked for England.

They probably only go to games where a top5 club is playing.;)

Giving these young players lucrative contracts at such a young age, especially when they have only just broken in to the 1st team, is a massive problem that contributes to some players losing their edge.

Ali is a good example- Spurs gave him a new contract (apparently £25k a week in January) and then 9 months later signed an even more lucrative contract tied up to 2022. So a one time league one player is now on £50k + bonuses etc a week.

Crazy.

I see the youngster from Liverpool who scored a tap in last week is hitting the headlines,England and Wales are now arguing who he's going to play for.:huh:

---------- Post added 04-12-2016 at 09:21 ----------

Also a cheat as well.

Seems 'Forummers'! have never seen Raheem '£' Sterling...!

Have to think about the most overrated player,but there's about 14 teams in that division who would struggle to get out of the Championship directly if each of them were to be spend a season in there with their current players.

Overrated player:Eric Dier

Edited by chalga

Seems 'Forummers'! have never seen Raheem '£' Sterling...!

I have and yes he's overrated.