Save our street trees protest Endcliffe park 12pm TODAY!!

Please sign the petition to save our trees.

If you feel as strongly as I do about what has been done to Rustlings Road and in many other areas of Sheffield there is a family meeting in Endcliffe Park at 12:00 Saturday to show support, and a peaceful protest on Dec 1 at the Magistrates court

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/50301-protect-peaceful-protest

Instead of playing in to the hands of the council's divide and rule agenda, you need to be unifying with/including people who also love trees but for good, genuine reasons, actually want to see a particular tree go.

You need to be uniting people across the city to make the council act in a transparent and democratic manner.

Fighting the council whilst also fighting many people across the city is a losing battle. The council and Amey depend on playing one side off (the tree savers) against the other (those with a reason to see a particular tree go). I've seen it in action! Unite for transparency, fairness and democracy, and restore those neighbour/local community relations that the council and Amey have shattered.

Instead of playing in to the hands of the council's divide and rule agenda, you need to be unifying with/including people who also love trees but for good, genuine reasons, actually want to see a particular tree go.

You need to be uniting people across the city to make the council act in a transparent and democratic manner.

Fighting the council whilst also fighting many people across the city is a losing battle. The council and Amey depend on playing one side off (the tree savers) against the other (those with a reason to see a particular tree go). I've seen it in action! Unite for transparency, fairness and democracy, and restore those neighbour/local community relations that the council and Amey have shattered.

I'm sorry but that's exactly what STAG do. STAG has never said that all trees should remain and have been very clear that there are very legitimate reasons why some trees need to be felled.

Indeed, members of STAG have sometimes referred trees to AMEY that AMEY have said can be kept whereas STAG think that they should be removed because of disease or damage to property etc.

I agree that we need to fight for greater transparency and unite more behind the cause, and it is is a shame that STAG appears to have a reputation as just being full of tree huggers, because that is not the case.

Indeed, members of STAG have sometimes referred trees to AMEY that AMEY have said can be kept whereas STAG think that they should be removed because of disease or damage to property etc.

I have never seen any evidence of this on the STAG Facebook page.

Another councillor (Brian Lodge) refuses to resign over total fiasco .What is the big attraction of being on the Council I wonder, or maybe I know.

I have never seen any evidence of this on the STAG Facebook page.

STAG is more than just a Facebook page.

And anyway there have been messages on the STAG Facebook page where users have said they've highlighted trees that Amey that should be removed.

STAG is more than just a Facebook page.

And anyway there have been messages on the STAG Facebook page where users have said they've highlighted trees that Amey that should be removed.

So I'm sure you can provide a link to them.

I'm sorry but that's exactly what STAG do. STAG has never said that all trees should remain and have been very clear that there are very legitimate reasons why some trees need to be felled.

I agree that we need to fight for greater transparency and unite more behind the cause, and it is is a shame that STAG appears to have a reputation as just being full of tree huggers, because that is not the case.

I am pleased to learn this. The problem is; I am JUST learning it now from you. STAG is not getting this message across, I'm afraid, hence my post.

The title of this thread is 'Save our trees protest' - that immediately, I'm afraid, isolates many inhabitants of Sheffield, who have genuine reasons for a particular tree to go.

If it was a 'Protest for fairness, democracy and transparency in Sheffield's tree felling programme' then the whole city would have just cause to protest.

I am pleased to learn this. The problem is; I am JUST learning it now from you. STAG is not getting this message across, I'm afraid, hence my post.

The title of this thread is 'Save our trees protest' - that immediately, I'm afraid, isolates many inhabitants of Sheffield, who have genuine reasons for a particular tree to go.

If it was a 'Protest for fairness, democracy and transparency in Sheffield's tree felling programme' then the whole city would have just cause to protest.

Yes I totally agree - the message should be clearer.

Yes I totally agree - the message should be clearer.

It's a shame you have left the bed sheet advertising your event still flapping around on the railings at Endcliffe. Take it down please, it looks unsightly and will blow away and just become another piece of litter. Along with all the other tat tied to the railings, cardboard posters etc.