Old Maps from 'Ordnance Survey'.

I have bee trying to access 'Ordnance Survey' maps of Sheffied (1950's in particular) which I did through other people's posts. As of yesterday I get 'This page not available', is this because the maps were transferred to 'Sheffield Forum' from 'Sheffield -History' which doesn't seem to be around anymore.

I have bee trying to access 'Ordnance Survey' maps of Sheffied (1950's in particular) which I did through other people's posts. As of yesterday I get 'This page not available', is this because the maps were transferred to 'Sheffield Forum' from 'Sheffield -History' which doesn't seem to be around anymore.

I'm having the same problem. No idea why.

I'm having the same problem. No idea why.

Yes Siren, Perhaps it's the 'Sheffield-History' 'thing' ?

Yes Siren, Perhaps it's the 'Sheffield-History' 'thing' ?

Sheffield maps

Can you do anything with these??

http://freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~exy1/images/gosling_map.gif

Petre st huts

http://freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~exy1/maps/Sheffield_parishes_north.jpg

http://freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~exy1/images/1890maplg.jpg

When did Sheffield History website close down, and why?

Hello, stpetre,

Excellent maps available (OS) all over Britain via National Library of Scotland - Sheffield areas from 1840ish to 1948ish..go to `old ordnance survey maps`, then Nat Lib Scotland, or " maps.nlsuk/os/6inch-England-and-Wales" -zoomable images etc. My personal is the Wadsley common/Loxley area..

Hello, stpetre,

Excellent maps available (OS) all over Britain via National Library of Scotland - Sheffield areas from 1840ish to 1948ish..go to `old ordnance survey maps`, then Nat Lib Scotland, or " maps.nlsuk/os/6inch-England-and-Wales" -zoomable images etc. My personal is the Wadsley common/Loxley area..

I didn{t have much luck with those, the best I got was a map of mid 20th century Sheffield but none of the streets had names. The next thing I did was come out the web site altogether and typed in ´Sheffield map 1955 and, to my surprise the same O.S. as on S.F. came up. Thanks very much for your help tho midowl !

When did Sheffield History website close down, and why?

Just went offline a few days ago. It has done this before and has come back. Fingers crossed.:(

The last message from SheffieldHistory was that they were moving servers. Allowing time for DNS propagation and everything going well (though they have history of not doing over the years), they should be back on line soon.

The last message from SheffieldHistory was that they were moving servers. Allowing time for DNS propagation and everything going well (though they have history of not doing over the years), they should be back on line soon.

And I often get the impression that the person(s) who own sheffieldhistory could not run a **** up in a brewery :D