The best hoover for picking up dog hair

We use small Titan "industrial" wet and dry vac for everything. Including sawdust extraction when I do some woodwork.

Attachment you put on end is more important then vac itself.

Cheapo rotary brush picks up all cat hair no problem.

I was impressed with the suction power of a wet n dry vac, when draining the water from a cellar.

I think some may prefer an upright for the house, but I am looking for a wet n dry for the car.

The 20lt ones seem rather small, still looking.

Never had an issue with the Dyson Animal, I've had two over the years - can take it to bits by hand, easy to use and sucks up pet hair just fine.

My wife once had a sales job (for a week) with Kirby; that machine was a monster. I've never seen any vacuum touch it for ability, noise and cost..

I had a Dyson animal which died on me so I bought a vax air reach which was on offer and it beats the dyson hands down. It's a bit tough to use as it really hugs the carpet but the pick up is great. It can also be used on hard floors with the turbo button switched off.

We've inherited a DC50 Animal from my partner's mum. I like that it is light and turns easily, but as you say it fills up very quickly. I have to empty it at least twice just to do the front room.

Its a definite improvement on the Vax pet one we had before, which didn't pick much up at all and kept overheating and getting clogged. With a pug, two cats and my long hair we need something that works.

Only problem is we've lost the attachments, so I can't hoover the stairs properly :(

Love my Miele S5211. There's a similar one that's especially good for pet hair - sorry don't know model number. Fantastic suction but bags are expensive. Had mine for years:)

A combination of wood floors with a broom and dustpan still seems to work best at household L00b ;)

The Dyson cylinder 'animal' (IIRC) does the job fine for the carpeted bits, and God knows our dog sheds loads. It's 2 or 3 years old now (the hoover, not the dog :D), but compares very favourably to the previous Bosch unit (1400W), which had provided us with 7 years of good and loyal services before packing up permanently.

Chin up OP, 'tis winter so the problem should subside at least a little bit for a few months now.

Edited by L00b

Not a clue which Dyson we bought 7 years ago to replace a Miele (!!!) that broke down in under 2 years due to Clumber Spaniel hair, what I do know is that it is the best vacuum we've ever owned. We had Vax, Miele (!!!!), a Henry and all sorts in between and none of them cope as well with the springy white hair of our spaniel.

Thank you everyone for the replies, its appreciated.

I run my grooming business from home so do use 2 separate hoovers, one in the house and one in the parlour.

So for that have a vax cylinder one which is fit for purpose, no problems.

But because of my job i've got a knackerd back and neck so am wanting a stand up for the house to make the job easier.

So am very interested in the sebo because of what people have said.

Those who have got one where did you buy it from?

I really want to be able to pick it up etc and make sure its for me before I purchase anything.

Someone has told me shark vacuums are very good and have over taken dyson in American in popularity.

Got 3 dogs a cocker, rough collie and a Dalmatian and the dally loses the most hair by far bless him,

Thanks again