Maximum weight in car

Advice please, Going to pick laminate flooring up tomoz, does anybody know wether there will be too much weight in my ford focus hatchback (10-12 packs) depending on which one daughter chooses.Don,t really want to make two trips.

When loading a car with something that might be a bit heavy, I always try to equate it with passengers, and what their cumulative weight might be. So if for instance your car has room for 5 people. 4 excluding the driver, then you can easily carry that weight in the car.

I found this quote on line which might give you some guidance.

Manufacturers and distributors, like Bestlaminate, know that it is impossible for anyone to lift the weight of a skid. Each box usually has about 18 – 30 sq. ft., so you can expect a box to average 30 to 35 pounds. All you will need to do is unwrap the skid and unload the skid box by box.

Advice please, Going to pick laminate flooring up tomoz, does anybody know wether there will be too much weight in my ford focus hatchback (10-12 packs) depending on which one daughter chooses.Don,t really want to make two trips.

Average weight of an adult is around 70 kg, so I suppose you'd quite easily get 210 kg in if there were no passengers. As, at a push, you can get three passengers on the back seat, I'd imagine you could go for 280 kg.

So, based on 12 packs of laminate, as long as a pack doesn't weigh more than 23 (and a bit) Kg, you should be fine.

The Honda Accord and Mazda6 midsized cars, for example, all have a combined load capacity of 385kg for passengers and cargo. That means that four 88kg passengers, which is about average for a male, would be close to maxing out any of those cars capacities as soon as they got in.

Load capacity can normally be found on the tire information placard in the driver’s door sill or in the owner’s manual.

Its very unlikely unless you already have you car full of very heavy people. Bare in mind that you can carry four other adults in your car, it isn't going to weigh more than they weigh.

The package should have weight info on it. From memory the official max safe lifting weight for one person is 20kg. I would be surprised if an individual pack exceeded this. As others have said, you can then work out how many packs.

To the OP Seriously don't do it! All the mathematical experts on here can say this or that. If you have a bump, incidentally you will be in serious stuff . Not worth the risk IMO.

Just bring them home. If you car back box is scrapping the road you got too much weight in. So throw a passenger out and take home the flooring.