Abuse in football.

Eric Bristow the big darts playing lad? Has he been at it himself or is he a victim?

Here you go, this link contains a few of the tweets. I've not read the article though.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/11/28/eric-bristow-tweets-about-sexual-abuse-in-football/

---------- Post added 01-12-2016 at 19:07 ----------

only you mentioned it tbh, but since the original ****storm and the retaliation he recieved, the deleting of tweets and the sacking from sky i dont really think the loudmouth idiots now worth talking about?

Sounds like a total nob. Victim blaming of the worst kind.

Fair point mel.

Agreed, both of you.

Here you go, this link contains a few of the tweets. I've not read the article though.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/11/28/eric-bristow-tweets-about-sexual-abuse-in-football/

---------- Post added 01-12-2016 at 19:07 ----------

Fair point mel.

Agreed, both of you.

i do think it shows the type of culture still prevalent in darts tho? the hard drinking, working mens culture?

i do think it shows the type of culture still prevalent in darts tho? the hard drinking, working mens culture?

Well don t forget that darts players are the only "real" men :)

Southampton players now where is it going and surely its not just footy.

That's because you don't understand the intense feelings of shame and self loathing that are often felt by survivors of abuse - particularly in an environment like football, where men are supposed to be strong and manly.

Radio 5 on the wireless last evening, seems that not all were self loathing.

It appears that some were afraid that if they did not "do" what the abusers wanted, they might have been let go, and the prospective lucrative football job would disappear. So they put up with the abuse in hope that their career would not be affected. So sad that they did not come forward and report the abuse they suffered, it might have saved others that followed them.

Angel!

Southampton players now where is it going and surely its not just footy.

west midlands police are now investigating, 18th police force

No mention of social services anywhere, a group dedicated(paid) to supposedly exposing such cruelty. All this going on under their noses, utterly useless!

No mention of social services anywhere, a group dedicated(paid) to supposedly exposing such cruelty. All this going on under their noses, utterly useless!

originally like the other scandals its been hidden until now, now its in the media and the police are involved, i dont think they were needed tbh lol

Going on under their noses? How many social workers are based at football clubs then? Social workers would only have got involved if they'd been told.

Have I heard right,Chelsea paid an ex player 50k last .year keep quiet about abuse,someone wants locking up.

Have I heard right,Chelsea paid an ex player 50k last .year keep quiet about abuse,someone wants locking up.

thats whats alledged today, and the gagging order only ended a couple of days back?

you not being watching the news like? lol

He come across like certain folks on here would, bigging themselves up and to all intents and purposes calling the footballers "poofs" for not "sorting" the abusers out once they reached manhood

big and clever springs to mind..........not

I must confess I do wonder why some people dont go round and sort the abusers out with a bit of extra judicial "justice".

But then of course I realise that most people are fundamentally decent and just dont work that way, tempting as it may be for us to imagine Vinnie Jones footballers kicking seven bells out of people.