Abuse in football.

Forgive me, but I find your input on this thread confusing. The reason being you wanted to initiate a discussion on why people may believe or not believe sexual abuse claims and then want to criticise people who have doubts, that all sexual abuse allegations might not be true.

Well exactly, if you automatically assume all claims of sexual abuse are true, you open the floodgates to all sorts of fantasists and attention-seekers. It's also disturbing that people accused of being abusers can be named, even if they turn out to be innocent later, but accusers are allowed to remain anonymous.

Well exactly, if you automatically assume all claims of sexual abuse are true, you open the floodgates to all sorts of fantasists and attention-seekers. It's also disturbing that people accused of being abusers can be named, even if they turn out to be innocent later, but accusers are allowed to remain anonymous.

As I have already said, nobody is suggesting that it is right to automatically assume all claims of sexual abuse are true. You are arguing against a position of your own making, so we can let that strawman invention rest, can't we.

It is, however, essential to ensure that those coming forward understand they will not be negatively judged, that they will be heard, and that they, and this is crucial so pay attention, will be believed that there is something worth looking into to establish whether or not it is true. In short, that they will be taken seriously. That is not the same as automatically believing them, is it?

When you post in the manner you just have, you are unwittingly contributing to the conspiracy of silence that allows abuse to flourish. Are you comfortable with that?

If an abused child read what you have just posted and decided not to tell anybody for fear of being labelled a fantasist or an attention-seeker would you be comfortable with that? Because that is the bottom-line. It may not happen in relation to your post, but that is the atmosphere you are feeding.

---------- Post added 28-11-2016 at 14:44 ----------

Ex-youth football coach Barry Bennell, who is at centre of a sex abuse scandal, has been taken to hospital after an incident attended by police.

Thames Valley Police said officers attended an address in Knebworth Park, Stevenage at about 23:00 GMT on Friday.

"A 62-year-old man was located and was taken to hospital in order to receive medical treatment, where he remains," the force added.

Four police forces are investigating abuse claims made by former players.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38134941

I hope there is no retribution at work there, and that he can be made physically well.

---------- Post added 29-11-2016 at 01:51 ----------

Eric Bristow doing his bit to make sure abuse goes unreported - http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/eric-bristow-tweets-football-sex-abuse_uk_583cb886e4b090a702a5eda7?utm_hp_ref=uk

Disgraceful.

Edited by mikem8634

Blimey this threads quiet saying how big this stories getting, just a pity it's not Muslims eh? Itd be on 45 pages by now, hypocrites

Blimey this threads quiet saying how big this stories getting, just a pity it's not Muslims eh? Itd be on 45 pages by now, hypocrites

I am not surprised more allegations have been made since the original story broke, given all the publicity these incidents have attracted.

Yes, you are correct the thread has been very quiet.

it seems to be turning akin to both the jimi saville enquiry and the rotherham etc scandal regarding the scale of it now

About 350 victims have reported child sexual abuse within UK football clubs, police chiefs have said.

Devon and Cornwall Police is the 17th force to announce an investigation

Meanwhile, the NSPCC says more than 860 people have called its dedicated football hotline, set up a week ago.

aswell as the smaller clubs like Crewe that were implicated you now have clubs such as Man City, Chelsea and Newcastle being mentioned regarding ex coaches and inquiries

If you add up the jimi saville, Rotherham etc, football coaches and the westminster scandals, not forgeting people like Gary Glitter, Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall (who all i think wernt really part of the saville enquiry? they were independent perverts? ) the mind boggles to how much rape and peadophillia and sexual assault has been going on under our noses for decades and none of us really knew :o

Yes it is quiet. I've been carefully watching all of the developments but I didn't bother adding them as it just would have made my last post longer and not bumped the thread.

I can't believe nobody has had a word to say about Eric Bristow either, unless I've missed it.

Yes it is quiet. I've been carefully watching all of the developments but I didn't bother adding them as it just would have made my last post longer and not bumped the thread.

I can't believe nobody has had a word to say about Eric Bristow either, unless I've missed it.

Eric Bristow the big darts playing lad? Has he been at it himself or is he a victim?

Eric Bristow the big darts playing lad? Has he been at it himself or is he a victim?

you not being watching the news like? lol

He come across like certain folks on here would, bigging themselves up and to all intents and purposes calling the footballers "poofs" for not "sorting" the abusers out once they reached manhood

big and clever springs to mind..........not

it seems to be turning akin to both the jimi saville enquiry and the rotherham etc scandal regarding the scale of it now

aswell as the smaller clubs like Crewe that were implicated you now have clubs such as Man City, Chelsea and Newcastle being mentioned regarding ex coaches and inquiries

If you add up the jimi saville, Rotherham etc, football coaches and the westminster scandals, not forgeting people like Gary Glitter, Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall (who all i think wernt really part of the saville enquiry? they were independent perverts? ) the mind boggles to how much rape and peadophillia and sexual assault has been going on under our noses for decades and none of us really knew :o

Don't forget the church too.

I remember some years back, I was pressed to make some kind of estimate on the numbers of sexual abusers and the numbers of abused children. My work at the time meant I was in the middle of investigation after investigation and constantly trying to manage the damage left behind so I was probably too close to think entirely objectively. My estimates were one in ten and one in four. That could be wildly out but that was how it seemed twenty years ago.

only you mentioned it tbh, but since the original ****storm and the retaliation he recieved, the deleting of tweets and the sacking from sky i dont really think the loudmouth idiots now worth talking about?

you not being watching the news like? lol

He come across like certain folks on here would, bigging themselves up and to all intents and purposes calling the footballers "poofs" for not "sorting" the abusers out once they reached manhood

big and clever springs to mind..........not

Sounds like a total nob. Victim blaming of the worst kind.

Don't forget the church too.

I remember some years back, I was pressed to make some kind of estimate on the numbers of sexual abusers and the numbers of abused children. My work at the time meant I was in the middle of investigation after investigation and constantly trying to manage the damage left behind so I was probably too close to think entirely objectively. My estimates were one in ten and one in four. That could be wildly out but that was how it seemed twenty years ago.

damn, forgot about the church stuff :(

seems like everybody was at it, and against almost everbody Oo