Windows 7 professional

I'm trying to find the best place to buy windows 7 professional any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dont think you will have much there, Microsoft has removed it from sale a while back as I recall.

You might find a secondhand OEM copy on Ebay or similar.

I bought mine off ebay for £19.99 in late September. It is a brand new OEM version and I wanted it to compare with XP and Win10 via VirtualBox running on a Linux (Fedora XFCE) machine. After a considerable amount of messing about, not helped by MS refusing to play ball, I'm pleased to say it works just fine, is fully validated and street legal.

As it happens, I just ordered an OEM copy from ebay yesterday for 15quid. When it arrives I'll let you know how I get on and pass on details of the seller for you :)

I bought mine off ebay for £19.99 in late September. It is a brand new OEM version and I wanted it to compare with XP and Win10 via VirtualBox running on a Linux (Fedora XFCE) machine. After a considerable amount of messing about, not helped by MS refusing to play ball, I'm pleased to say it works just fine, is fully validated and street legal.

You can download free Windows virtual machines from Microsoft.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

Thanks for the link Cool_Jerk, despite extensive trawling I'd missed that one. It doesn't matter though as the objective was to see if Win7 was any better than XP given that all our business software ran on XP and updates will dry up in 2019 I think it is (XP still works fine with the POS registry hack and is updated regularly).