Rta compensation stage 3

Just after about if advice, I received my solicitors valuation which the oppositions insurers refused to pay and made a lower offer.

Now the case has reached stage 3 and I've been sold they have 15 days to pay the minimum offer I received.

Will that payment actually be paid within 15 days or will they drag it out more

Just after about if advice, I received my solicitors valuation which the oppositions insurers refused to pay and made a lower offer.

Now the case has reached stage 3 and I've been sold they have 15 days to pay the minimum offer I received.

Will that payment actually be paid within 15 days or will they drag it out more

Maybe your solicitor would be the one to ask?.

Angel1.

Not sure what your solicitor has told you or what point in the case you are at but usually when a case goes to "stage 3" that means that your solicitor has issued court proceedings.

The other party has 14 days to acknowledge those proceedings but that doesn't mean they pay out, that just means they respond to the court setting out why and what they dispute. eg: the compensation amount.

Usually after that a "stage 3" case will go to a court hearing where a Judge will decide how much to award.

It could be that your Solicitor is giving them a final 15 days to accept the current offer but you would really need to speak to them again and clarify what is going on.

It certainly sounds like whatever value your solicitor has given to your claim the insurers clearly dispute it.

That's correct for the current situation, but my solicitor said they now have 15 days to pay the amount they have offered and they rest will be paid after it's settled in court. So I was basically asking do they always pay the minimum offer up in the 15 days

This happened with my wife. It went to stage 3 and the other party's insurers didn't pay the minimum amount by the 15 days given. When my wife questioned this with the solicitors they basically said we'll give them some more time and eventually they sent the minimum amount but the solicitor holds it until after the case, just in case she gets offered less than the amount sent. The case was yesterday so we are waiting to find out what was awarded.

The solicitors have been pretty useless at best , we have constantly had to chase them for updates. This has been going on for 26 months and we'll be glad to see the back of it.

Which solicitors was that, mine said that the days the minimum is paid they will pay it straight in to my bank ?

I'd rather not name the solicitor but they have been useless. We've been passed from pillar to post throughout the whole process.

I stand corrected though, they did send a cheque for the minimum amount, however, it took several attempts to get it even well after the 14 day period and if we get awarded less than the minimum amount we will have to pay the difference back.

The case was at court two days ago now and we still have heard anything yet!

My RTA claim has now got to the stage 3 part and I've received no minimum offer, my solicitor has said court proceedings will be issued tomorrw and I'm just wanting to know had anyone ever had to deal with this.

My solicitors valued mine at£3400, and the other side offered £2400

My solicitor told me I'd receive the minimum offer today which I haven't

So does anyone know time scale of court proceedings and a pay out or even pay out of the offer they made ??

Cheers

My RTA claim has now got to the stage 3 part and I've received no minimum offer, my solicitor has said court proceedings will be issued tomorrw and I'm just wanting to know had anyone ever had to deal with this.

My solicitors valued mine at£3400, and the other side offered £2400

My solicitor told me I'd receive the minimum offer today which I haven't

So does anyone know time scale of court proceedings and a pay out or even pay out of the offer they made ??

Cheers

I do.

So, basically, if you've not agreed figures after S3, you need to go to a S3 hearing, either on paper or in person.

Your solicitor will issue the claim at Court (known as Part8 proceedings). The Court will then formally issue and serve on the Defendant. How long that takes depends on which Court it is. Sheffield are fairly quick. Some Courts (Hi Hereford CC) take 6 months or more.

The Court will list for a hearing (the Defendants choose whether that's paper only, meaning no one attends and a Judge just looks at it) or whether the Parties need to attend. You don't attend either way. In the latter case, it's just a barrister who attends for you.

The question is how long from now, and sadly the answer is 'how long is a piece of string'. Depends on the Court and how long they take. Minimum 2 months to a hearing, but I've seen with some Courts in excess of a year. Shocking but true.

Offers can still be made in the meantime of course, so it might settle along the way.

As an aside, I'm going to have an educated guess that yours is a soft tissue type case, where the expert has suggested you'll have symptoms for around 12 months, plus a few financial losses.

If that's the case then when the Government and insurance industry get their way, your claim will be worth at best £750 and at worst £450. For a year's injury. They're not publicising this of course, as the media side with the insurers, but there we go. As with last time, there's the promise of 'reduced premiums' but I certainly never saw that.

EDIT - just to add, if the S3 pack has already been sent, then you should have already had an interim payment. It's 15 working days from the date of the S3 pack being sent to the Defendant. If they haven't sent an interim by then, your Solicitor should drop it from the portal process, and issue Part7 proceedings. If neither of those things have happened, you need to be asking why.

EDIT EDIT - If you have any questions, please just shout up. :)