Missing rescue dog Tyson ***NOW FOUND!***

Jes88 said, "I went up to check". She didn't say anyone else was with her. And CYB said "this was carefully checked by 'a' member of our team", but now angel22 is saying that 'two' people went out to check. Sorry, but which was it - one or two people?

How do you know that the animal had been in the road for a number of hours, angel22?

And are you saying that this fox's mate had hung around on the grass nearby for several hours then?

Jes88 said there wasn't much carnage, but now angel22 is saying that the body was in a mess.

If the body was so damaged, how could Jes88 make out it was a male? She said, "His mate was in the middle grassy bit as well trying to get to him..." How come if she could tell it was a male, she couldn't tell if it was a fox or a dog?

No matter what state the body was in, it should have been possible to distinguish a fox from a labrador x. Apart from anything else, foxes have a very distinguishable smell. However, if it really wasn't possible to tell if it was Tyson or not, why wasn't the animal scanned for a chip. I know that members of Sheffield Lost and Found have scanners. Why didn't one of them scan the animal to be sure there was no chip? Under the circumstances didn't anyone think that it was important to be 100% sure it wasn't Tyson? How could you possibly walk away not knowing whether you were leaving poor Tyson in the road, dead and being run over again and again. How could you?????????

Can you please confirm were he was last sighted only I live near manor fields. Has his name always been Tyson might he answer more to a former name. If he has one.

---------- Post added 01-01-2017 at 06:41 ----------

If anybody out looking today. Will gladly join them in the search. I'm free all day

Can you please confirm were he was last sighted only I live near manor fields. Has his name always been Tyson might he answer more to a former name. If he has one.

---------- Post added 01-01-2017 at 06:41 ----------

If anybody out looking today. Will gladly join them in the search. I'm free all day

Apparently his name hasn't been Tyson for long. But having seen him he will not respond to calling or talking or even looking at. I only got him to come near me by throwing him food. I didn't know who he was or his background when I saw him weeks ago. I saw him three times that day and it was the dog I was with who spotted him as he follows you from a distance so it may help to keep checking behind. But there has been no sightings for well over a week and he was skinny when I saw him weeks ago so it doesn't bode well at the moment.

Lily-Anne, when Jess said there wasn't much carnage, she means there wasn't much as in the way of size (not big enough to be Tyson) But what was there was a mess.

2 people went out to look for the body. I know Jess looked at it thoroughly and took pics, etc. I'm not sure how thoroughly the other person looked. I wasn't there myself. I was at work at the time they went to look and just caught bits of their conversation.

Yes, Lost and Found admin do have scanners. However, Jess is not one of our admin and has no access to a scanner. Out of all the people actively involved in the search for Tyson, only one of them is admin in the Lost and Found group.

We know the body had been in the road for a number of hours as it was a gentleman that saw it on his way to work (around 7am) and he told his wife about it when he got home from work much later that day (late afternoon) His wife then told us.

Edit to add: I've just seen the photos that were taken. I'm 100% sure it's a fox. The animal was right in the middle of two lanes and it's rather squashed. But it's definitley fox coloured (much darker orange than Tyson) It also looks like it had bushy tail and appears to be really small. (Not much bigger than a cat from what I can see)

Edited by angel22

Fair enough, no names. But I am still waiting for a definitive reply from the people I referred to as to whether or not it was Tyson. If the person who saw the body was only 90% sure it wasn'tTyson, then surely someone else would have gone out to check too, to be absolutely sure it wasn't him. Did no-one else go out to check?

It was not Tyson.... I did not do a dna check so I cannot possibly be 100%!!!! Stop being you.

---------- Post added 01-01-2017 at 12:09 ----------

Tyson was sighted at about 3pm on the 19th December in Jordanthorpe, running along the grass verge by the main road. The next day a dead body that Jess is only 90% sure wasn't Tyson, but is sure was a male, is seen at about 2pm less than a mile away from that sighting. Tyson has not been seen since, and the council say they have not picked up any foxes on that stretch of road for the past 12 days.

---------- Post added 30-12-2016 at 19:48 ----------

[/color]

Thank you, but :sad:

It had its knob in its hand.

I do not need to explain anything to you.

yes it was late by the time jess88 was able to take the pictures owing to very heavy traffic, but i would just like to make every one aware that it was reported to me shortly after the accident,still in very heavy traffic by a person driving past very slowly and when the body was still intact enough to be identified as a FOX ! ...hope this makes it clear to every one

Lily-Anne, when Jess said there wasn't much carnage, she means there wasn't much as in the way of size (not big enough to be Tyson) But what was there was a mess.

2 people went out to look for the body. I know Jess looked at it thoroughly and took pics, etc. I'm not sure how thoroughly the other person looked. I wasn't there myself. I was at work at the time they went to look and just caught bits of their conversation.

Yes, Lost and Found admin do have scanners. However, Jess is not one of our admin and has no access to a scanner. Out of all the people actively involved in the search for Tyson, only one of them is admin in the Lost and Found group.

We know the body had been in the road for a number of hours as it was a gentleman that saw it on his way to work (around 7am) and he told his wife about it when he got home from work much later that day (late afternoon) His wife then told us.

Edit to add: I've just seen the photos that were taken. I'm 100% sure it's a fox. The animal was right in the middle of two lanes and it's rather squashed. But it's definitley fox coloured (much darker orange than Tyson) It also looks like it had bushy tail and appears to be really small. (Not much bigger than a cat from what I can see)

What a pity Jes88 doesn't know the meaning of the word carnage or how to use it. Under such important circumstances, perhaps using a dictionary would be appropriate if one doesn't know how to use a word!!!

How did Jess look at it thoroughly? If she had examined it up close, surely she would have taken photos of it up close and not during a drive by.

Out of all the people active in searching for Tyson only one is an admin for Sheffield Lost and Found. Really???? Three of the admins of Help Find Tyson are admins on Sheffield Lost and Found. So that means two of the admins are not actually actively looking for him. What???

The person who posted on here said he saw it at 2pm and reported it. It was dark by the time Jess got there, so it took over two hours to send anyone out, in which time no doubt the body was run over many times. What a pity no-one took the trouble to look sooner. If the man who saw it at 7am had seen it whole and was sure it was a fox, then why did his wife bother to call you? He was clearly in some doubt as to whether it was a fox or a dog even when the body was whole. And if the body was there at 7am, then the animal must have been run over in the night. Tyson was last seen as it went dark a very short distance away from where the body was found. And he hasn't been seen since. Obviously it was him.

And unlike me, you didn't actually ever see Tyson, so you do not know what he looked like and what colour he was. Those photos are blurred and taken in the dark. The only way to have known 100% was to remove the body and check/scan it. And no-one did that.

---------- Post added 01-01-2017 at 20:42 ----------

It was not Tyson.... I did not do a dna check so I cannot possibly be 100%!!!! Stop being you.

---------- Post added 01-01-2017 at 12:09 ----------

It had its knob in its hand.

I do not need to explain anything to you.

Excuse me? What a crass and vulgar thing to say about a dead animal, be it a fox or dog. And you do need to explain to me and everyone else who has spent time and money trying to help this dog.

---------- Post added 01-01-2017 at 20:45 ----------

No-one expected a DNA test. But you could have gotten out of your car and examined the animal, had it removed from the road, scanned it for a chip. Driving past and taking photos was not good enough.

Stop being me???? Erm, what?

---------- Post added 01-01-2017 at 20:48 ----------

yes it was late by the time jess88 was able to take the pictures owing to very heavy traffic, but i would just like to make every one aware that it was reported to me shortly after the accident,still in very heavy traffic by a person driving past very slowly and when the body was still intact enough to be identified as a FOX ! ...hope this makes it clear to every one

Owing to heavy traffic? Jes88 lives a couple of miles from the scene! How heavy was that traffic?

Are you saying that this was reported to you shortly after 7am, when it occurred, and you didn't get anyone out there until after 4pm? And why would anyone report it to you at all if they were certain it was a fox?

---------- Post added 01-01-2017 at 20:51 ----------

Owing to heavy traffic? Jes88 lives a couple of miles from the scene! How heavy was that traffic?

Are you saying that this was reported to you shortly after 7am, when it occurred, and you didn't get anyone out there until after 4pm? And why would anyone report it to you at all if they were certain it was a fox?

Edited by Lily-Anne

The person that posted and said they saw it at 2pm never said they reported it.

I never said that the man who saw it at 7am said it was whole when he saw it.

If you're going to question people, at least read what they type properly before you do!

And yes, only one of the lost and found admin is actively involved in the search. I've never joined in the search for Tyson myself (for reasons that I don't have to explain to you)

Highways and 101 were contacted when we were informed.

You've seen the photos of the dead animal for yourself, it's obvious that it's a fox, it's face and nose can clearly be seen.

Edited by angel22

The person that posted and said they saw it at 2pm never said they reported it. (Unless I've missed that comment)

I never said that the man who saw it at 7am said it was whole when he saw it so not sure why you'd assume that?

And yes, only one of the lost and found admin is actively involved in the search. I've never joined in the search for Tyson myself (for reasons that I don't have to explain to you)

You may not have said that the person who saw it (the animal) at 7am said it was whole but your colleague did:

Originally Posted by cyb1 View Post

"it was reported to me shortly after the accident,still in very heavy traffic by a person driving past very slowly and when the body was still intact enough to be identified as a FOX !"

Clearly, you guys aren't actually talking with each other in order to get this story straight!

Again, why would anyone report an animal in the road to you if they were 100% sure it was a fox?

No, you don't have to join in the search, but how bizarre that someone who is an admin on Tyson's group and posting here as if she knows what's going on isn't joining in

Edited by Lily-Anne

The bickering and personal comments can end here. I understand its an emotive subject but if you cant be civil with each other then its probably best to refrain from posting.

Im sure no-one wants this thread closed or suspensions to be handed out, that wouldnt help anyone.

The person that saw it at 7am wasn't the same person that reported it to Cyb1. The man that saw it at 7am didn't tell anyone about it until he arrived home later in the day and told his wife.

Cyb1 probably didn't feel the need to tell us at the time the sighting was reported to her if they were sure it was a fox. As you've said yourself, why would we need to be informed about a fox? When it was reported to us later in the day, Cyb1 wasn't online and by the time she'd found out we'd been told about it, Jess had already been out to look.

As you already know, the only reason I'm admin on the Tyson group is because I was the only person that knew how to create a group on facebook. I've stayed on as admin but I'm not actively involved in the search for a number of reasons. I'm purely 'behind the scenes'.

The arguments and accusations aren't helping anyone, least of all Tyson.

We know for sure that the dead animal was a fox, you know this as you've seen the pics for yourself so I won't be answering anymore questions regarding this particular subject.

Edited by angel22

Is this dog still missing. There is one in Facebook that looks like a lab cross but I don't know how to attach a photo?