Peter Kay accused of homophobia

He's not doing too badly, if his humour is outdated.

It was funny in 2006. And now we know the guy is a bigot, I doubt he will be making a comeback anytime soon.

I saw a clip of Eric Morecambe doing a very similar move back in the 70's; and I'm willing to bet Peter kay has seen it too, and nicked it!

I'm sure peter's comments were tame and totally undeserving of complaint, I haven't seen them. political correctness however is something that exists because a long time ago 6 million jews, gays and disabled people were murdered by the nazis. The idea is that we need to stop that happening again and so racism and homophobia should not be allowed to become the norm. now that once again we have the tearing up "political correctness", we are starting to see the normalisation of racism and homophobia to the extent that people are being attacked. Personally I'd prefer a bit of over the top complaining about bbc programs than a country seeing the rise white supremacy and racism.

And the prize for making a mountain out of a molehill goes to TimmyR. Well done for invoking Godwin's Law so early in the thread!

It was funny in 2006. And now we know the guy is a bigot, I doubt he will be making a comeback anytime soon.

Utter nonsense.

The Judge Rinder character exploits his own 'campness' to get laughs, just like Larry Grayson used to.

And the prize for making a mountain out of a molehill goes to TimmyR. Well done for invoking Godwin's Law so early in the thread!

Unfortunately, the hyperbole of my post reflects to some extent the political shift of this country.

Anyway, have watched PK's comments and they are utterly harmless.

Edited by TimmyR

He's not doing too badly,

he is, if hes on strictly come dancing.....lol

Boom-tish!

Anyway, when did Mick Garvey off Benidorm get to be lead singer for Simple Minds?

Still making money!

I don't watch television(except when it is on at a place I am visiting) but plenty of people do. And I understand that Strictly Come Dancing is quite popular.

Edited by Margarita Ma
Sneezed and posted unintentionally.

Utter nonsense.

The Judge Rinder character exploits his own 'campness' to get laughs, just like Larry Grayson used to.

Thats his call. Not the same thing as poking fun at someone for being gay.

"Car Share" was an absolute smash.

The guy isn't a bigot.

His comeback will be with Series 2 of carshare.

The people who were offended by this are in the minority and seeing homophobia where there isn't any. They're the ones with the problem.

Why do people want to take offence on behalf of others ?

I get fed up of the vocal minority making mountains out of molehills.

Can people not have a joke these days.

Well, not if you're Peter Kaye. One of the most singularly unfunny people around at the moment. He had his moment of fame on Pleb TV a few years ago. He should shuffle off and leave comedy to people with actual talent, not just observations.