Bakewell winter wonderland

Clearly the organisers don't care a jot for anyone who attended.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-38069178

Organisers of a festive event described as "an absolutely disgusting mud bath" say people will not be given refunds.

In a statement, co-organiser Shaun Hogg said: "To clarify there will be no refunds given.

"Again we would like to apologise to anyone disgruntled due to wet conditions, we can promise and reassure you we are doing our upmost best to make improvements to our next event in December."

I wonder if anyone is stupid enough to go along next time??

Aimée O'Gara wrote on Facebook: "I just can't believe you knew that the event wasn't 'ready' or at its best and you still charged us £7 each to get in."

Many also said muddy conditions were not the main problem.

Mark Hudson wrote: "Why do you think we are all complaining about the mud, we know you cant manage the weather, what most are upset about is the extremely high entrance charge to go to a fun fair. That wasnt to do with the weather that was simply ripping people off!"

Jo Turner described the event as "a funfair, two sheds and a marquee on a field".

it was nothing to do with the weather it was rubbish don't go is my advice

The field was like a swamp on Monday when I was there.

It wasn't run by the show ground. They rented it out. There was a post on FB by the mayor of bakewell apologising about the catastrophe and saying 'it wasn't me' sort of statement. I'll see if I can post a link. I nearly booked a stall but at £240 a pop I didn't. Soooo glad I didn't.

https://www.facebook.com/helen.froggatt.376?ref=ts&fref=ts

I am posting this as Mayor of Bakewell.

I would like everyone who visited the Winter Wonderland in Bakewell at the weekend to know that the event was nothing to do with Bakewell Town Council or the businesses in the town. It was a private event that we had no control over or consultation with. That said I would like to apologise to you all and hope you will come back to visit our beautiful town.

Edited by debs-b

I am so wishing that I hadn't pre-booked 4 adult tickets for December 10th now. It's supposed to be a special day out for four of us but maybe I did the wrong thing. I hope not but it's too late now. :-(

i hope it was true and paypal refunded the fees to people and I hope the mayor does all he can to stop this happening again,does he have control in anyway for the licences for this event?

i hope it was true and paypal refunded the fees to people and I hope the mayor does all he can to stop this happening again,does he have control in anyway for the licences for this event?

Probably not a great deal.

They could come down on them from a health and safety aspect and also issues with traffic in the town though.

The actual content or quality of the event is out of the mayors hands though.

People want snow at Christmas. What they get is mud. Of course people are disappointed.

is this terrible so called winter wonderland on again this weekend?,if so I hope people don't fall for this event again

is this terrible so called winter wonderland on again this weekend?,if so I hope people don't fall for this event again

We went, and it was absolutely fine! We had a great day out. I suspect 90% of the moaners on facebook just want to get some money, and I fully expect grumpy faces on the Star soon.

I've been to far worse in Sheffield.