Bakewell winter wonderland

Read on another site this event was put on by the organiser of Tansley car boot sale who back in May put on another event the Super Heroe weekend on the Bakewell Show Ground that also got slated for the non appearance of many advertised things. Wonder if the one advertised in a couple of weeks time will still go ahead.

Read on another site this event was put on by the organiser of Tansley car boot sale who back in May put on another event the Super Heroe weekend on the Bakewell Show Ground that also got slated for the non appearance of many advertised things. Wonder if the one advertised in a couple of weeks time will still go ahead.

I asked Bakewell Show Ground via Facebook if it was run by the same people as the disaster that was the Superhero Weekend and they assured me it wasn't. However, looking at photos and talking to a friend who visited, it looks exactly the same!

It can't have been any worse than the switching on of the Christmas lights in Sheffield city centre this evening. What a total waste of time and money.

How much does snow cost?

NOTHING

So why didn't they do a snow dance?

As for muddy fields, that is not what one expects when driving cars and vans over grass in a Derbyshire Autumn.

it sounds horrific ,story in all major newspapers of how awfull it was,you can claim your money back via paypal it says,its rare one of these events works and there seems to be one every year,bakewell council need to step in and sort out the great name it stands for,it also states stall holders were upset and farmers upset by the firework bangs.

It can't have been any worse than the switching on of the Christmas lights in Sheffield city centre this evening. What a total waste of time and money.

Lol I didn't stay for the light turning on because we were off to a friends for tea and it is not something that interests me but I thought that there was loads and loads to see and do with the fair and the Christmas markets in town. Our toddler loved seeing all the lit up attractions and so many people in town. If the council spend big money on it people complain, if it isnt as good as last year people complain even if the cost has gone down. Surely with so many fairs rides and market stalls the council will recoup some if the money. There were lots and lots of staff out and about stewarding and giving directions. Also a good selection of cartoon characters in the free Meet and greet wandering around near the winter gardens.

after removing nearly all the facebook complaintsand all the bad press surely they cannot even consider having another disaster,people are not that stupid are they?

I saw it being set up the week before and thought that wont work,with that entrance fee the funfair should of been free in my opion and I would of put 90% of it indoors,they do this very successfully in Glasgow and I would work anywhere if indoors ,even the big rides are indoors in Scotland ,not a muddy field,i feel sorry for all the people who travelled there.

Shaun Hogg is a name Ive seen quoted by the London Evening Standard today who spoke to the BBC. I'm sure he'll be eager to talk to all unsatisfied customers :)

Lol I didn't stay for the light turning on because we were off to a friends for tea and it is not something that interests me but I thought that there was loads and loads to see and do with the fair and the Christmas markets in town. Our toddler loved seeing all the lit up attractions and so many people in town. If the council spend big money on it people complain, if it isnt as good as last year people complain even if the cost has gone down. Surely with so many fairs rides and market stalls the council will recoup some if the money. There were lots and lots of staff out and about stewarding and giving directions. Also a good selection of cartoon characters in the free Meet and greet wandering around near the winter gardens.

Our friends Toddler had a whale of a time, and being a free event it was pretty decent really.

The stage and the 'music' was a waste of time though, I really don't think anyone gives a toss when they wheel out some X-Factor wash-out to press the on button.

Anyone know how long it is until Christmas? Is it still about FIVE WEEKS? :huh:

Quite - and it's not winter for a while either. Which numpties even go to things like this?

Quite - and it's not winter for a while either. Which numpties even go to things like this?

People with or without kids who love the festive season.

Hum bug to you sir !!

Edited by jon&emma