Bakewell winter wonderland

Did anyone go what did you think?

In my opinion it wasn't a wonderland just a qoggy mess.

Hardly anything there to get me into the festive spirit and all for £5 a ticket (and we bought 7) really expected more .

This comment sums it up for me and my family

"It actually wasn't the mud that upset me, it was the lack of stalls, nothing there... only a fair, not what I expected and no Christmas atmosphere at all.

Anyone know how long it is until Christmas? Is it still about FIVE WEEKS? :huh:

Thanks for the apology.

I'm a regular visitor to the bakewell show and just presumed it would like that but more Christmasy. We expected mud and rain but not even a Christmas trees in sight. Apparently it was organised by the bakewell show ground that's why we expected better.

Thanks for the apology.

I'm a regular visitor to the bakewell show and just presumed it would like that but more Christmasy. We expected mud and rain but not even a Christmas trees in sight. Apparently it was organised by the bakewell show ground that's why we expected better.

I dont think ive ever seen a story with one of these things turning out to be well reviewed. Of it was organised by the Bakewell show people then I think it was reasonable to expect more, although you dont get a lot for £5 these days.

I walked past it this morning but there didnt seem to be much happening.It was very quiet in Bakewell this morning,i think the weather had put people off today.

Anyone know how long it is until Christmas? Is it still about FIVE WEEKS? :huh:

yes alco. i can help, 816hours from midnight tonight..are you excited.

Thanks for the apology.

I think any body can book out the bakewell show ground like they can most other showgrounds around the country, and trade on the good name places like the bakewell show ground have built up.

Theres certainly a case for the public to be clearly made aware what the name of the company is who are organising these things and if they have any connection with the shows that are recognised with any particular venue. That said, the owners of the showground took the money maybe they should also do their own checks.

EDIT: As a point of reference, the Bakewell Christmas Market will be one next week. It will be busy but it will be a better product I'm pretty sure.

http://www.whatsonbakewell.co.uk/bakewell-christmas-market-weekend

Edited by tinfoilhat

Reading the information on the bakewell website I presumed it was the bakewell show ground group.

http://www.visitpeakdistrict.com/Bakewell-Bakewell-Winter-Wonderland/details/?dms=3&feature=1061&venue=6042850

The bakewell show is organised (after a quick google) by the Bakewell Agricultural and Horticultural Society. Is that the same organisation who run the showground? I've no idea.

Given that one is recognised for years and well organised and one isnt I've got my doubts. But I couldnt say for sure. The bakewell show website is the one that sells the tickets but thats the job of any venue. I wouldnt blame the Sheffield Arena if One Direction were crap (if you get my meaning).

Reading ur reply I totally agree. I can't find anywhere on the tickets about the organisers of the wonderland apart from advertising on the bottom for the bakewell show (Bakewell agricultural & horticulture society ltd) .