Can you put tumble dryer on carpet?

Hi all

Purchased one of these:

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/laundry/tumble-dryers/indesit-idc8t3b-condenser-tumble-dryer-white-10134871-pdt.html

... and was wondering if it's ok to put it on the carpet?

The info says not to "if the pile height would prevent air from entering the dryer from the base".

If set aside the advice above, is there a chance of fire or just damage to the carpet (which I'm not too fussed about)?

Thanks.

Hi all

Purchased one of these:

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/laundry/tumble-dryers/indesit-idc8t3b-condenser-tumble-dryer-white-10134871-pdt.html

... and was wondering if it's ok to put it on the carpet?

The info says not to "if the pile height would prevent air from entering the dryer from the base".

If set aside the advice above, is there a chance of fire or just damage to the carpet (which I'm not too fussed about)?

Thanks.

The Answer you are looking for is in the destructions, sorry instructions.

If you are not bothered about the carpet take it up.

The Answer you are looking for is in the destructions, sorry instructions.

If you are not bothered about the carpet take it up.

If you can say that in English, that'd be great.

just had a look at the link you put on. Isn't that the tumble dryer that catches fire when people don't read the instructions and carry them out.

I have mine placed on a carpet and have no problems, unless its a shag-pile carpet then I wouldn't worry. One of the reasons mine is on a carpet was to cut down vibration noise when tumbling.

---------- Post added 20-11-2016 at 16:32 ----------

just had a look at the link you put on. Isn't that the tumble dryer that catches fire when people don't read the instructions and carry them out.

That's mainly because people don't clean the lint/fluff from the filter before use. Looks like that one is front vented as well.

Edited by apelike

I have mine placed on a carpet and have no problems, unless its a shag-pile carpet then I wouldn't worry. One of the reasons mine is on a carpet was to cut down vibration noise when tumbling.

Thanks apelike. And what would happen if you did put it on a shag-pile carpet? - Is there a chance of the appliance catching fire or is that a bit too far-fetched?

Just stand it on something flat like a sheet of transparent plastic if you are really worried. Unless you plan on wheeling it around all the time.

Thanks apelike. And what would happen if you did put it on a shag-pile carpet? - Is there a chance of the appliance catching fire or is that a bit too far-fetched?

Not as far fetched as trusting in the advice of unqualified strangers as to whether an appliance in your house is going to catch fire or not....

Depends on the depth of the shag-pile and the clearance of the vents underneath. But there is a greater risk of it catching fire than a chip pan.;)

Get a model that doesn't have vents in the base.