Strange aircraft over gleadless

Strange that is, just I lived in gleadless early 70'S Can remember lots of people saying we've just seen a UFO

It will be the Beluga, looks extremely unusual in flight and it's remarkably quiet for a jet.

You're spot on, it is the beluga aircraft flying into the airbus facility in chester.

The Airbus Beluga transports fly over Sheffield fairly often and FlightRadar24 shows that one did so this morning. They fit the description given.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/Airbus_A300-600ST_Airbus_Industries_(AIB)_%22Join_us%22_Beluga_3_F-GSTC_-_MSN_765_(9741143612).jpg

Why was it so low? Presumably it will have been flying in/out of Broughton North Wales which is 60 miles away?

Why was it so low? Presumably it will have been flying in/out of Broughton North Wales which is 60 miles away?

Flightradar shows a belgua flew directly over sheffield this morning at just after 10am at an altitude of 15,000ft on it's way to the airbus facility in chester from hamburg.

The same aircraft then flew just south of sheffield at 12.40pm at 25,000ft on it's way to bremen.

Edited by WageSlave

Flightradar shows a belgua flew directly over sheffield this morning at just after 10am at an altitude of 15,000ft on it's way to the airbus facility in chester from hamburg.

The same aircraft then flew just south of sheffield at 12.40pm at 25,000ft on it's way to bremen.

Aye, it will have been that. My folks live in west Cheshire not far from the plant and often get treated to Beluga flyovers but at a couple of thousand feet. The Beluga fleet is used to transport fully constructed airbus wings manufactured at Broughton, Chester to assembly plants in Europe. Bigger wings can be transported by barge from a dock on the river Dee, about half a mile from the factory, to be loaded onto ocean-going ships a bit further up the coast. Such an impressive complex: a huge factory, a massive runway and a dockside.

Aye, it will have been that. My folks live in west Cheshire not far from the plant and often get treated to Beluga flyovers but at a couple of thousand feet. The Beluga fleet is used to transport fully constructed airbus wings manufactured at Broughton, Chester to assembly plants in Europe. Bigger wings can be transported by barge from a dock on the river Dee, about half a mile from the factory, to be loaded onto ocean-going ships a bit further up the coast. Such an impressive complex: a huge factory, a massive runway and a dockside.

I watched a programme on the discovery channel showing you how airbus transport the A380 wing from chester to toulouse. It's quite an impressive operation.

Aliens going christmas shopping at Meadowhall ?

Good luck to them.

Angel1.

Thanks. It was indeed the airbus berluga. Thanks to all for enlightening me

Well we saw something that looked more like this today We are in Chapeltown overlooking ecclesfield and shiregreen meadowhall area and we saw something similar to this ( we had to get the binochulars out) we thought at first it may be a drone then a hang glider but it was very black and was moving slow then fast possibly above the Meadowhall area I did say it looked like a stealth but it was moving too slow anyone else spot it? Around 1pm

Well we saw something that looked more like this today We are in Chapeltown overlooking ecclesfield and shiregreen meadowhall area and we saw something similar to this ( we had to get the binochulars out) we thought at first it may be a drone then a hang glider but it was very black and was moving slow then fast possibly above the Meadowhall area I did say it looked like a stealth but it was moving too slow anyone else spot it? Around 1pm

sounds like a flock of starlings en route to starlingrad in russia.

sounds like a flock of starlings en route to starlingrad in russia.

:suspect:

... or a horde of crows going home to Croatia? :huh: