Do you try to block people overtaking or passing you?

Have you/do you/would you try preventing people passing or overtaking?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/do you/would you try preventing people passing or overtaking?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

Lets not feed the troll this time eh? We all know who it is.

Yesterday I had to drive down the A1 (two lanes) to Newark and for a stretch of road there was a few cars all trundling along at 65mph in the fast lane, with nothing at all in the inside line and no adverse weather conditions.

None of them were shifting so I just sailed past them all in the inside lane. Words fail.

Yesterday I had to drive down the A1 (two lanes) to Newark and for a stretch of road there was a few cars all trundling along at 65mph in the fast lane, with nothing at all in the inside line and no adverse weather conditions.

None of them were shifting so I just sailed past them all in the inside lane. Words fail.

I had this yesterday on the Parkway exiting the M1, traffic in the right lane tootling along at 50mph with an empty left lane. I too just sailed post in the left lane, odd behavior, innit?

I had this yesterday on the Parkway exiting the M1, traffic in the right lane tootling along at 50mph with an empty left lane. I too just sailed post in the left lane, odd behavior, innit?

The Sunday driver phenomenon.

Happens a lot on the A1, I can only assume that they lack confidence and are scared to go into to left lane in case there is a lorry a few miles further up and they have to pull back into the fast last. It is the one thing that really gets to me when I am driving as it is inconsiderate and selfish.

If you come across a Nova on the road it is likely to belong to an enthusiast and been well looked after. They're also popular with people who like to remap/modify their cars. So the little Nova may have similar BHP to your Mercedes and have a lot less weight to pull. Appearances can be deceptive.

Ah yes. I can see that now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1989-Vauxhall-Nova-1-2-Merit-/262752844964?hash=item3d2d4a3ca4:g:VzYAAOSwA3dYNcEm

Engine Size: 1,196

Doors: 3

Power: 55

I don't think I've seen a Nova on the road for several years now.

Certainly the days of young lads blasting around in a Nova with a huge exhaust on the back was well over a decade ago.

they drive Corsas now :)

On the M1 Saturday lunchtime - joined Southbound from the Stocksbridge bypass.

Lane 1 completely empty, traffic bunched up doing 45 in lanes 2 and 3.

It was like it all the way to Meadowhall.

Its not so long ago an idiot like this did the same to a motorcyclist and nearly killed him (in Sheffield),there was a long running thread on this forum about it ,after seeing what he'd done the motorist then sped off leaving him there badly injured in the road,was he caught..who know's..:loopy:
You're deliberately misrepresenting what I said. You obviously like to overtake other motorists and resent it when they prevent you from doing so, even if/when it prevents you from causing a collision by driving headlong into a car that you didn't see. That's your problem with this, isn't it. Edited by Aleksandr