Rustling Road trees are being felled right now

Perhaps not having a confrontation and doing as the voters wish might be a better option?

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 14:45 ----------

And they've gone against the advice of the independent panel and the wishes of the residents, simply for the sake of profit and convenience for Amey.

Doing it in an underhand manner and avoiding protests is not a measure of success, it's a measure of duplicity.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 14:46 ----------

Yes, when the way they are doing it is in not in keeping with the wishes of the electorate and is decisions are being made to favour the profits of private companies.

What makes you so sure that they are not in keeping with the wishes of the electorate?

I see you've been researching, but what are these engineering solutions you talk of and want ? To tarmac over is not an engineering solution,just a very temporary fix. The roots are way too big on most of them, thus causing the damage to pavements, they have outgrown their current location, you cant move it elsewhere and you cant just trim off bits of the roots. The removal and replacement of them is the only viable option as far i can see.

Are you involved with arboriculture yourself? If so, why do you go against what the other experts have said? Who has said that the roots should be tarmacked over, apart from those who have no idea?

Have you actually read the report?

According to the news it was the Police who requested the early start in the interests of public safety?

are there any comments on this from our illustrious leaders , or are they all in hiding ?

Has there been a vote on this?

Have you got some figures showing support for/ against the tree felling?

Do you think that the people of Sheffield in general think a few trees or nicer roads / pavements are more important?

Personally I think it was a shortsighted and ill informed decision but I don't think most of Sheffield, or even most of S11 would agree with me.

Due to pressure from people campaigning to save the trees each street where trees are due to be removed do get to vote on the proposals yes.

A tree survey is posted to all the residents of the street. If less than 50% of the households on the street disagree with the proposals then they go ahead as planned.

If 50% or more of the households on the street object to the proposals, the proposals get checked by the Independent Tree Panel.

On Rustlings road, the majority of people objected to the proposals, and so they were sent to the ITP to look at. They came back and said that 6 of the 8 trees need not be removed (people on the panel include people who deal with disability and accessibility etc).

The council removed them all anyway.

yeah, totally unimportant trees aren't they? Don't provide oxygen, don't help against pollution, don't provide habitats, don't provide nests, don't provide wellbeing etc etc

by the way, results of the tree panel into the the rustling road trees

"the tree adjacent to the junction of ecclesall road and the bus stop is in good condition with good life expectancy. The tree occupies a prominent position. There is no arboricultural need to remove and replace this tree. The tree is causing disruption to the pavement and has displaced some kerb stones..... We therefore advise that in considering this, the council should undertake a swept path analysis of a bus leaving the bus stop towards ecclesall road. We also recognise that the engineering solutions may require additional expenditure. We advise the council to consider these options....

The tree opposite number 25 is in good condition with good life expectancy. There is no arboricultural need to remove and replace this tree. The tree is causing some disruption to the pavement. It is not causing disruption to the kerb. We believe this could be resolved with engineering solutions....

The tree opposite number 37 is showing signs of reduced vitality, with a sparse crown, some deadwood and small leaves. There are fungal fruiting bodies at the base of the tree. The tree may however recover, and so from an arboricultural perspective it would be appropriate to monitor the tree’s condition. The tree is not causing any significant, unmanageable

damage.....

The tree outside number 125 is in good condition with good life expectancy. There is no arboricultural need to remove and replace this tree. The tree has displaced some kerb stones. We believe this could be resolved with engineering solutions.........

The tree outside number 155 is in good condition with good life expectancy. There is no arboricultural need to remove and replace this tree. However, the tree is causing substantial disruption to the pavement, making it impassable to some people using the pavement.

There are several adjacent utility installations. We do not consider there to be engineering solutions that would readily resolve these problems, whilst retaining the tree. We therefore advise that this tree should be removed and replaced......

The tree outside number 175 is in good condition with good life expectancy. There is no arboricultural need to remove and replace this tree. The tree has displaced some kerb stones. We believe this could be resolved with engineering solutions......

The tree outside number 203 is in good condition with good life expectancy. There is no arboricultural need to remove and replace this tree. It is possible that the tree is causing some damage to the neighbouring boundary wall. Further investigation would be required to determine whether this is the case. The tree has displaced some kerb stones. We believe this could be resolved with engineering solutions....

The tree outside the park near the pedestrian crossing is in good condition, albeit with minor dieback in the crown, and has good life expectancy. The tree does not show any sign of failure. There is no arboricultural need to remove and replace this tree. The tree is however leaning into the highway at approximately 65 degrees and has we understand been previously struck by vehicles. We advise that road safety considerations justify the removal

and replacement of this tree."

so out of 8 the tree panel advised 6 be retained. But the councillors and amey obviously know better.

will somebody please think of the trees.

Ive been up round the back of Endcliffe park this morning, and its good to see south yorkshire police have such vast resources they can afford to have four riot vans and three cars ,along with at least 20 coppers ( thats just the ones i counted )all sat there drinking tea doing nowt.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 15:42 ----------

Does this mean that anything the council want to do in future that people are against is going to be done as sneakily to make sure it gets done?

Sadly, the voters in sheffield will continue to vote for these incompetent morons at the next elections.

Ive been up round the back of Endcliffe park this morning, and its good to see south yorkshire police have such vast resources they can afford to have four riot vans and three cars ,along with at least 20 coppers ( thats just the ones i counted )all sat there drinking tea doing nowt.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 15:42 ----------

Sadly, the voters in sheffield will continue to vote for these incompetent morons at the next elections.

Not any longer. I've been a Labour council voter since I moved here. They've not been perfect in that time by any means but I've never felt there was a better alternative. Now I would genuinely vote for a UKIP candidate over a Labour one if that was my only choice. It's not about trees, it's about honesty, responsibility, openness, transparency, all of which SCC currently lack.

I hope SYP will be brought to book for basically stealing peoples cars in the middle of the night .

what gives them the right to just tow vehicles away without any notice . SYP are a disgrace who are not fit for purpose.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 15:50 ----------

Not any longer. I've been a Labour council voter since I moved here. They've not been perfect in that time by any means but I've never felt there was a better alternative. Now I would genuinely vote for a UKIP candidate over a Labour one if that was my only choice. It's not about trees, it's about honesty, responsibility, openness, transparency, all of which SCC currently lack.

What the council , and SYP have done today is despicable and disgraceful .

I hope SYP will be brought to book for basically stealing peoples cars in the middle of the night .

what gives them the right to just tow vehicles away without any notice . SYP are a disgrace who are not fit for purpose.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 15:50 ----------

What the council , and SYP have done today is despicable and disgraceful .

Absolutely agreed. Not sure SYP had much say in it though, their job is to maintain the peace. Moving cars is pretty bad though, not sure which legislation they used for that?