Rustling Road trees are being felled right now

The 'reason' being that they get paid to do it. I guess the 'reason' became much better this morning due to unsocial hours pay (probably some kind of 'incentive' too).

If someone asked me to do something that I had a moral dilemma with, I'd refuse to do it … sod the consequences. Shame.

Its nice that you have the luxury of turning down money, but not everyone is such a fortunate position. (And no, I don't agree with it, its total sneak tactics not to mention laws surrounding noise at that time of the morning!)

Damage to cars/bikes/cost of constant road resurfacing vs a few trees? No contest for me, we've still got lots of parks and greenery in our city. If the fate of a few trees is your major concern in life I envy you.

With that kind of logic, there'd be good reason/argument to chop down all the trees along somewhere like say … the Avenue des Champs-Élysées. It won't happen though.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 09:22 ----------

Its nice that you have the luxury of turning down money, but not everyone is such a fortunate position. (And no, I don't agree with it, its total sneak tactics not to mention laws surrounding noise at that time of the morning!)

Money is never a primary concern to me and yes, I have turned it down on many occasions if it's for something I don't agree with. It makes a point. I have my own set of moral values and sit comfortably within them. I detest greed.

Alcoblog has the right of it. Would have thought that with increased pollution from traffic that trees are even more essential now than ever before. Never mind, now that the trees are gone folk will be able to park their cars on the pavement so that's alright! Doubtless SCC has gone into the legal side of this action but surely it can't be morally right to hoist cars out of the way when the owners have done nothing wrong? It is sheer, unadulterated vandalism coupled with sneaky, underhand behaviour. Those responsible for sanctioning this should be thoroughly ashamed.

With that kind of logic, there'd be good reason/argument to chop down all the trees along somewhere like say … the Avenue des Champs-Élysées. It won't happen though.

Maybe council shouldn't have got rid of fountain that used to be at the top of Fargate seeing as Rome kept the Trevi Fountain?

Edited by nikki-red
Fixed the quote

To be fair to the council, they wouldn't announce the date before hand would they???

I would have thought there should have been a sign up before towing people's cars away.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 09:50 ----------

A woman on Radio Sheffield just gave Toby a right bollocking for interrupting etc :D To be fair he handled it well.

At the end of the day Amey along with Sheffield University run Sheffield The police and council are merely their enablers may as well get used to it!

Damage to cars/bikes/cost of constant road resurfacing vs a few trees? No contest for me, we've still got lots of parks and greenery in our city. If the fate of a few trees is your major concern in life I envy you.

What damage do trees cause to cars and bikes?

The problem with dismissing it as "just a few trees, we've got plenty more" is that eventually we won't have "plenty more".

I can't believe folk are getting themselves arrested overs a few trees.

TREES.

Ridiculous. Just let Amey get on with it and go to work.

What damage do trees cause to cars and bikes?

The problem with dismissing it as "just a few trees, we've got plenty more" is that eventually we won't have "plenty more".

They contribute to the terrible state of the roads, which leads to tyre damage and other maintenance issues - cycling through S7 has cost me over £100 in repairs/parts. I imagine the same can be said for cars.

And as a new father I'd be better off with a moon rover than a buggy pushing my daughter around some of the pavements.

I'm late to this party but as I understand it other trees are being planted, there isn't any conspiracy to deforest Sheffield it's just a maintenance issue.

I would have thought there should have been a sign up before towing people's cars away.

If it was the Council towing them you'd be right. However, the Police have powers to remove vehicles and I'd think they are the ones who are arranging removals.

The roads are in poor condition because of a chronic lack of maintenance, not because of trees.

The pavement on Rustlings road is dangerous,the trees should have been replaced years ago