Rustling Road trees are being felled right now

If you are lucky, some vandals may uproot it or something ;)

Amey will replace any newly planted trees that are vandalised or die naturally. Encouraging vandalism is unwise.

Sheffield's tree felling has finally made it into the National press:

'Tree-Mageddon, - How 300 town trees are being felled a week by 'elf 'n safety jobsworths who say it's cheaper to chop than maintain them.'

page 17 Daily Mail

It was mentioned in the national press at the time.

In a real newspaper, not the daily hate.

'Tree-Mageddon, - How 300 town trees are being felled a week by 'elf 'n safety jobsworths who say it's cheaper to chop than maintain them.'

page 17 Daily Mail

To my limited knowledge it was in The Guardian and on National BBC news at the time.

'Tree-mageddon' mustn't have reached Carter Knowle - the cherry blossom looks lovely at the moment.

In a real newspaper, not the daily hate.

It was an the One Show and BBC Look North months ago, probably last year now.

It's nesting season. Any tree felling should be halted immediately.

Won't happen unless a nest in tree to be felled

It's nesting season. Any tree felling should be halted immediately.

AFAIK this is the best evidence on the STAG site of birds nesting in trees growing in the pavement and roadside verges.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/392913244219104/permalink/757330391110719/

Edited by Longcol

AFAIK this is the best evidence on the STAG site of birds nesting in trees growing in the pavement and roadside verges.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/392913244219104/permalink/757330391110719/

Why do you think that is the best evidence for birds nesting in roadside trees? I'm not sure why it matters whether the evidence is on the STAG site or not - either they are nests in the trees or not, where the evidence is posted is irrelevant.

It is a fact that birds next in trees yes? It is also a fact that there are thousands of roadside trees yes? It seems logical to me that therefore some of those trees are likely to be used by nesting birds.

Are you suggesting that no roadside trees be used by nesting birds? Why would that be?

If you are lucky, some vandals may uproot it or something ;)

And keep doing so until Amey get the message...

I wonder, would it be vandalism if someone just dug up and replanted the tree in a different spot?

So I get that Amey say they removed some of these trees in the middle of the night to minimise disruption, but did they also not tell anyone about it in advance, to 'minimise disruption'? That's a genuine request for information, I don't know if they did or not, but we didn't see advance warning in the local press here in Gloucester, before they cut down at least three old trees by the bus station a few weeks back. They did it during the day, and closed the road for hours, so the idea that there were no notices put up in advance should be bizarre. Given that there was no residential housing around, a night-time operation should have been just the thing, so I'd be interested to know if Sheffield's nocturnal exploits were about not giving advance warning to potential objectors/protestors (or what some people around here call 'troublemakers')?