Rustling Road trees are being felled right now

Wait, I thought they were only interested in house prices? Now you're annoyed they are upset about felling in areas where they don't live. So which is it?

Oh it goes without saying Robin, the people on the street are just annoyed their house prices are being compromised. For everyone else, its as I stated above.

Now what about the trees felled on Hall Road yesterday, hmm? Suppose the Waitrose Brigade dont really care about Handsworth too much....

Oh it goes without saying Robin, the people on the street are just annoyed their house prices are being compromised. For everyone else, its as I stated above.

Now what about the trees felled on Hall Road yesterday, hmm? Suppose the Waitrose Brigade dont really care about Handsworth too much....

That might be your opinion but it is categorically untrue and is a statement for which you have absolutely no evidence at all.

I am not middle class, I don't live on a tree lined street, I don't care about house prices. I do care about healthy mature trees being felled anywhere in Sheffield. Which category am I in?

That might be your opinion but it is categorically untrue and is a statement for which you have absolutely no evidence at all.

I am not middle class, I don't live on a tree lined street, I don't care about house prices. I do care about healthy mature trees being felled anywhere in Sheffield. Which category am I in?

The "busybody" category which is a subset of the middle class category.

The "busybody" category which is a subset of the middle class category.

Spoken like a true council stooge. Which you undoubtedly are, no matter how much you will inevitably deny it.

Spoken like a true council stooge. Which you undoubtedly are, no matter how much you will inevitably deny it.

You do realise people can have different opinions, right? :rolleyes:

You do realise people can have different opinions, right? :rolleyes:

If you can call me a 'busybody' for my opinions then I think they are entitled to call you a 'council stooge' for yours. Or is it just you that is allowed to label and potentially insult other posters?

If you can call me a 'busybody' for my opinions then I think they are entitled to call you a 'council stooge' for yours. Or is it just you that is allowed to label and potentially insult other posters?

I enjoy the cut and thrust, so insult away!

The personal comments can end here. Back on topic please.

The fact that no tree huggers complaining on Hall Road yesterday may be a little bit of evidence :huh:

I see a further 2 have been arrested today on Chippinghouse Road

The fact that no tree huggers complaining on Hall Road yesterday may be a little bit of evidence :huh:

I see a further 2 have been arrested today on Chippinghouse Road

Good, blocking people only doing their jobs no doubt, and refusing to move when asked to do so.

---------- Post added 08-02-2017 at 12:03 ----------

I see someone on the STAG Facebook group has come up with a suggestion of putting steel nails into the trees to try and make chopping them down more difficult. He was rightfully shouted down . An utterly moronic suggestion.

At the risk of being eaten alive, here goes: I live on a tree lined road. the trees are lovely and help clean the air of traffic fumes, provides homes for birds and are good to look at. The problem is, they are too big! The wrong types of trees planted close to houses and roads may be nice for all the reasons above, but are potentially dangerous and need continuous maintenance (expensive).

So, I'm all in favour of having trees planted, but planners, please use some common sense (in short supply I know). Why not plant small trees, such as Rowan (they attract flocks of waxwings in winter), or hazelnut or any other 'nice' but smaller tree? Maybe plant them closer together so they provide just as many environmental benefits as the larger trees but with less issues.

Use the larger trees for parks or areas where they can grow without restriction or too much maintenance.

Been through Sharrow,and lots of trees are being cut down in peoples own private gardens, this would tally with what i was told about Chippinghouse Road where a house owner was informed he would be arrested if he continued to obstruct the tree choppers for taking down his own tree!

awful really, hundred years of life disappearing in a day.

Edited by gamezone07