Rustling Road trees are being felled right now

I live on Sharrow Lane and have just received a letter from Amey statng that our street is next... :(

Our road is on their hit list too :( Residents voted and were split pretty much 50/50 so I think I know which way it's going to go :(

Our road is on their hit list too :( Residents voted and were split pretty much 50/50 so I think I know which way it's going to go :(

Well we have discovered that the 'Independent Tree Panel' is just a complete farce anyway.

Even when the plans are sent the the ITP and they say that the trees do not need to be felled after all, the council go ahead and do it anyway.

The Independent Tree Panel was just an attempt by the council to make it look like they are taking residents viewpoints into account. They only agreed to it after a long campaign by residents in the first place - they have no intention of changing their plans, indeed I imagine the contract with AMEY makes it almost impossible.

Residents of Western Road in Crookes got letters this morning telling them that Amey plan to cut down the WW1 memorial trees soon.

Can't see that happening without the Amey monkeys hiring either armed police, or the SAS.

The Amey managers who sanctioned this disgrace should be arrested and charged with environmental vandalism.

We also got a letter today asking us to look at the plans for our street's trees online and then if most of the residents disagree with them, they'll be sent to the independent panel. Just what is the point sending these out if the results of the tree panel are disregarded anyway, Councillor Lodge?

We also got a letter today asking us to look at the plans for our street's trees online and then if most of the residents disagree with them, they'll be sent to the independent panel. Just what is the point sending these out if the results of the tree panel are disregarded anyway, Councillor Lodge?

Is it even possible to look at what is planned for each individual tree anymore? There used to be felling lists published online, which would explain which trees would be felled (with their exact location) including the reason why, but I believe they have stopped being published.

It makes it impossible for someone to check which trees are threatened near them.

Residents of Western Road in Crookes got letters this morning telling them that Amey plan to cut down the WW1 memorial trees soon.

Absolute low lives

Does anybody know if the Independent Tree Panel looked at the proposals for the tree removals on Western Road?

Does anybody know if the Independent Tree Panel looked at the proposals for the tree removals on Western Road?

I've had a look at the tree panel site but can't see any reference to Western Road. I've emailed them on this very subject.

The real problem was planting the trees many years ago so close to roads and paths. Trees should be in woods, forests, fields and parks, and should be well away from boundaries of roads and footpaths. If there are paths and roads that have been built after the trees were planted, then the trees should have been removed at that time. What happened to common sense.

It’s just plain dumb to plant trees so close to areas like this. What would you do if it was the foundation of your home that was at risk from the tree roots? You would want the trees chopping down as soon as possible.

Good on the council for using some common sense, late in the day though it is.

Not heard of these. Are they the trees that line the whole length of the road?

Went through Rustlings Road today - what a sorry state without its trees. What a legacy for this council to claim. Shame on them.