Rustling Road trees are being felled right now

Guest sibon

It's a hope that the towed away vehicles don't get charged for this too.

Knowing a few of the people who have had their cars towed, I'd be very surprised if the charging didn't go in the opposite direction.

This could turn out to be a very expensive night's work.

Yes, you have to wonder where we're at when our own council see the people that really care about this city as their enemies!

The way it's treated ordinary people is appalling. As usual nobody's opinion matters but their own.

They wouldn't have planned this for the middle of the night and arranged such a heavy police presence if they weren't in the wrong.

A sad day for Sheffield :(

a very good post

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 20:47 ----------

I cant wait to hear how this bunch of amateurs try to bluff their way out of this one

Yes, you have to wonder where we're at when our own council see the people that really care about this city as their enemies!

The way it's treated ordinary people is appalling. As usual nobody's opinion matters but their own.

They wouldn't have planned this for the middle of the night and arranged such a heavy police presence if they weren't in the wrong.

True, and I agree with your post.

Knowing a few of the people who have had their cars towed, I'd be very surprised if the charging didn't go in the opposite direction.

I think if they are made to pay, then it will really **** people off in Sheffield.

With no notice (or a half hour as been reported and if true) this was completely unacceptable. What if someone finished work at 2am (not unlikely even if leafy Endcliffe), had a couple of beers, went to bed. Would they pull them up if moved car and suspected drinking?

I said to my Mum earlier, if the police unexpectedly called at 5am or earlier, what would you think? She said that probably you were dead.

-

Still these days. Tomorrow, it's another story, and by next elections, long forgotten and people will still vote for these people.

I wonder what Corbyn would say? Shame we never hear from him.

Edited by *_ash_*

Why is it ?

Electing Donald Trump to be president of the USA is lunacy.......... come on, get a grip !

Simply because mature trees like these have lived a very long time to reach the size they WERE. Trees like these are so integrated into daily life that it is easy to forget the whole variety of benefits that they can give us.

As for Trump, 4 years and he can be ousted, insignificant when compared to a tree which may well be over 100 years old.

Angel1

A good read.

Yep.

-

They let off the arrested people - almost certainly because the people who had to do the work, rather than make the decisions where probably too embarrassed. I would be.

I also can't blame the Amey workers, it's not their fault either.

-

I've seen a few posts agreeing with it, and fair enough. I also agree with a few to be chopped down, like I said in the Sandford Grove thread...

but this, today was nothing short of scandalous. Sneaky ********.

It's a hope that the towed away vehicles don't get charged for this too.

I blame SCC entirely.

The bill for the tow trucks should be paid in full by the council and not one penny should come out of the car owners pockets.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 21:13 ----------

This could turn out to be a very expensive night's work.

Good, i hope they sue the backside off the council

Get a grip man - we are talking about a few TREES being cut down !:rolleyes:

It really is not that important !

Drag yourself into the real world and smell the coffee !

Simply because mature trees like these have lived a very long time to reach the size they WERE. Trees like these are so integrated into daily life that it is easy to forget the whole variety of benefits that they can give us.

As for Trump, 4 years and he can be ousted, insignificant when compared to a tree which may well be over 100 years old.

Angel1

If all that energy and passion was directed into something like the demise of the NHS rather than a few plants being removed from a suburban street I could sympathise.

Some folk really don't live in the real world.

---------- Post added 17-11-2016 at 21:33 ----------

Angel1

Are you for real ?

You actually think that the damage that Trump can do to the world in 4 years is comparable to a tree being cut down ????:loopy:

Do you have grandkids ?

Edited by Daven

So if I am reading this right the councils own "experts" recommended against felling 6 of the 8 tree's yet they went ahead and did it anyway.

If this is the case then its an absolutely staggering way to behave, shows incredible arrogance and makes you question their whole integrity.

If they are acting in this way in such a public case makes you wonder what decisions are being made on less "sensitive" issues.

Went ahead and did it anyway, 15 minutes after releasing the report at 0445 in the morning. Knowing that people would protest if given the chance.

If all that energy and passion was directed into something like the demise of the NHS rather than a few plants being removed from a suburban street I could sympathise.

Some folk really don't live in the real world

I think that these folk do actually live in the real world (unlike the Council) and don't want it to change for the worse.

Comparing this wanton vandalism by SCC and their partners in crime Amey to a completely unrelated concern like the NHS scandal is puerile.

So if I am reading this right the councils own "experts" recommended against felling 6 of the 8 tree's yet they went ahead and did it anyway.

If this is the case then its an absolutely staggering way to behave, shows incredible arrogance and makes you question their whole integrity.

If they are acting in this way in such a public case makes you wonder what decisions are being made on less "sensitive" issues.

Bang on, the local residents didn't want them felling, the councils independent review stated they shouldn't be felled but the council under the cloak of darkness with police support felled them anyway. Disgraceful behaviour by people elected to represent the people of this city.

Some folk really don't live in the real world.

I'm actually surprised by your posts here in this thread Daven. Are you sure you aren't Julie Dore? :hihi:

People CAN have opinions of more than one thing at a time. Poor show for you this.

Do you have grandkids ?

:gag: