Blades receive petty little "Tin Pot Cup" fine..

Don't get me wrong, we deserve it for breaking the rules and to be honest it is a small price to pay because the whole competition stinks and quite frankly I personally would have broken the rules for every single fixture but oh well.

What really annoys we is all this tripe about "within the spirit of the rules"...

The competition is and has always been a load of rubbish anyway and merely adds to an already busy schedule of fixtures, therefore to add all these academy and reserve teams to it all is just a pathetic insult to professional clubs.

Ideas like this are against "THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME AS A WHOLE"...... These comments coming from the same Football League who wanted to move the dates of fixtures for the oldest cup competition in the world in order to accommodate an extra league! GIVE OVER WILL YOU!

Leave the game alone!.....Scrap the pointless Tin Pot cup because let's face it, it doesn't benefit any of the participants other than a day out at Wembley, which they would secure anyway if they achieve the play-off finals.

Stop meddling with the game and clubs might respect your pathetic rules!

..........................................................................................................................................................

A good few clubs fined...... pathetic EFL!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38002599

Edited by green_man

Utter joke of a cup and in total the EFL have made 62k in fines to football clubs. For a match in our case that was played during an international break where we had players called up.

Good points. The FA should have permanently banned Man Utd when they refused to play in the FA Cup a number of seasons ago

Good points. The FA should have permanently banned Man Utd when they refused to play in the FA Cup a number of seasons ago

I think it was more the FAs idea for them to withdraw.

The idea that Man United would help England win the World Cup bid was touted, and ultimately a load of drivel.

complete joke just like the competition. i'd of played some youngsters if i was managing a team in that aswell.

complete joke just like the competition. i'd of played some youngsters if i was managing a team in that aswell.

It doesn't matter if its crap cup the rules are there and if you break them accept the fine.

Edited by ukdobby

All the teams who have received a fine form this joke of a competition should withdraw from it if it ever gets sanctioned again.

It doesn't matter if its crap cup the rules are there and if you break them accept the fine.

We do accept the fine, even though we have firm grounds to appeal against it.

We had rights to withdraw from league competition due to having 3 or more players on international duty, for whatever reason this doesn't apply for this competition.

I stand by what we did and at no point haven't we accepted the fine, as you say...If you break a rule you pay the fine.

That doesn't however mean that we have to accept rules of the pathetic competition in the first place does it? The competition was a mockery before that offered little financial benefit and merely added to an already congested fixture list therefore to allow academy teams into the competition and congest things further in absolutely ridiculous.

Thankfully fans have been standing by their word and voting with their feet. Hopefully a combination of poor attendances and clubs blatantly breaking the rules will force a rethink. Not just for us because fingers crossed we do enough to not have to worry about the competition next season anyway, however for the other teams in league one and two and for football in general.

Edited by green_man

The Blades fans should all chuck a few coppers in buckets over the next few games and pay the EFL in pure change.

first line,we deserve it and then spits dummy out you could not make this clown up

We do accept the fine, even though we have firm grounds to appeal against it.

We had rights to withdraw from league competition due to having 3 or more players on international duty, for whatever reason this doesn't apply for this competition.

I stand by what we did and at no point haven't we accepted the fine, as you say...If you break a rule you pay the fine.

That doesn't however mean that we have to accept rules of the pathetic competition in the first place does it? The competition was a mockery before that offered little financial benefit and merely added to an already congested fixture list therefore to allow academy teams into the competition and congest things further in absolutely ridiculous.

Thankfully fans have been standing by their word and voting with their feet. Hopefully a combination of poor attendances and clubs blatantly breaking the rules will force a rethink. Not just for us because fingers crossed we do enough to not have to worry about the competition next season anyway, however for the other teams in league one and two and for football in general.

The joke of it is that while L1 and L2 clubs have to play a minimum number of regulars, the PL sides are just kids or reserves...if they had to send their clubs' strongest side it would be different.

Quicker we get knocked out of it the better.

The joke of it is that while L1 and L2 clubs have to play a minimum number of regulars, the PL sides are just kids or reserves...if they had to send their clubs' strongest side it would be different.

Quicker we get knocked out of it the better.

Not sure how this cup works but aren't you out anyway.