Golden Keys, Westfield pub murder, 1990s

As part of my research on Sheffield pubs I seem to recall that in the mid 1990s someone was murdered with a golf club at the Golden Keys on the Westfield estate. Does anyone remember this? There was a similar incident in 2002 and I wondered if my mind was playing tricks on me but I seem to remember the story doing the rounds whilst I was still at school. Any info would be much appreciated!

The lad who was murdered was called Turner and I think the killer was called Bellamy.

Edited by panchobar

As part of my research on Sheffield pubs I seem to recall that in the mid 1990s someone was murdered with a golf club at the Golden Keys on the Westfield estate. Does anyone remember this? There was a similar incident in 2002 and I wondered if my mind was playing tricks on me but I seem to remember the story doing the rounds whilst I was still at school. Any info would be much appreciated!

I seem to vaguely remember that a fight had broken out, someone appeared with a golf club to use as a weapon, the head broke off the club and the victim was stabbed through the heart with the broken club.

I went to school with both murderers. Not something to shout about. I also went to school with another murderer back in the early 80's...anyone remember Dryden Road/Southey green. Murderers initials CM...big lad at 13 years old murdered a child.

The lad who was murdered was called Turner and I think the killer was called Bellamy.

Was his name Micheal Turner.

Never went in but knew a couple what did and they told me it was not a nice place.

The lad who got sent down was Lee Belamy. It was about 1994 from memory .

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 13:52, theimposter said:

Did you ever find anything about this on here?