Prison officer strike! your thoughts??

We should deport the 10% that aren't British, that should go some way to making life a little easier for our prison officers.

Why? There are regulated numbers of staff per prisoner. If we remove 10% of the population of our prisons, that will result in 10% less prison officers.

We should deport the 10% that aren't British, that should go some way to making life a little easier for our prison officers.

Do you have the figures for British criminals in foreign jails? Because if we go down that line then we will get our own rapists back in return. I don't know if we'd end up with more or less than now...

I don't think 0.7 % of GNI is too much to give out. We are really lucky to live where we do. The money given in foreign aid should be considered an investment in the future of the World.

I agree, especially considering how well our governments waste money. If we stopped foreign aid tomorrow, the money would soon be wasted elsewhere and we would be back to square one.

---------- Post added 15-11-2016 at 22:03 ----------

Do you have the figures for British criminals in foreign jails? Because if we go down that line then we will get our own rapists back in return. I don't know if we'd end up with more or less than now...

The only example I know of is Australia and they will send back foreign criminals no mater how long hey have lived in Oz.

Briton who has lived in Australia for 50 years faces deportation for scrub fire

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/nov/12/british-citizen-in-australia-for-50-of-51-years-faces-deportation-for-scrub-fire

The UK however is a little more lenient.

Milton Keynes killer avoids deportation to Jamaica

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/our-region/milton-keynes/milton-keynes-killer-avoids-deportation-to-jamaica-1-7637124

The Supreme court has ruled that Eric Johnson cannot be deported as it would violate his human rights.

What is your insanely hard job pmurtdlanod1? It must be absolutely hell for you to say that prison officers who have one of the <removed> jobs in the country for the <removed> pay have it easy.

Edited by nikki-red
Masked swearing

According to a charity which cares for Britons in prison over seas its 1032 some of which didn't get the same kind of fair justice that we dish out here. http://www.prisonersabroad.org.uk/about-us/prisoner-numbers/

According to a charity which cares for Britons in prison over seas its 1032 some of which didn't get the same kind of fair justice that we dish out here.

Do you know how many foreigners we have in UK jails? I just wonder if we would be better off purely in terms of numbers if we did do what you suggest that's all.

Do you know how many foreigners we have in UK jails? I just wonder if we would be better off purely in terms of numbers if we did do what you suggest that's all.

10,649 foreigners in UK prisons.

ouch still sore about Brexit eh Joke?r bet you hate the american version:hihi:

I'm not sore at all; I'm looking forward to an extra £350million a week investment in our NHS :)

Edited by The Joker

really??? prison officers wanting to strike because its a little dangerous and not very nice dealing with criminals???? well what did you expect?

what should happen to make it safer in prisons is that all visiting is behind a glass screen with a phone like the USA, any new inmates subjected to detailed searches before entry to the main prison, wire mesh screens above prison yards and hey presto no drugs, shanks or mobile phones.

segregation of likely groups to cause trouble job done!

Because the US prison system is well known for its safety and record of reoffending.

I'm a civil servant and have suffered effective pay cuts year on year (changes to pensions, and NI, cut to terms and conditions etc etc etc) and am looking for a new job.....but the absolute last job I'd ever do would be working for the prison service. Shat on from both above and below and hated in equal measure.

Liz Truss (promoted well above her abilities) has announced a new recruitment drive. I'm looking forward to some of the blowhards on here rushing to fill those posts.

I'm not sore at all; I'm looking forward to an extra £350million a week investment in our NHS :)

Wow! Did you actually believe that?

Wow! Did you actually believe that?

You're asking the wrong question.

You should instead be asking BoJo the Clown why he lied.