Fixing a sinkhole- the Japanese way

Must have been a simple job?

They're still waiting for that one in Ripon to stop growing and moving before going in to see whats up.

More likely that the civil engineering in this country is just bad.

It's taken Amey two days so far just to replace a kerb stone on my road. So far, they've dug the old one up and put an orange plastic fence round the hole. The fence has since fallen over.

BBC reports a remarkably quick repair- see http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37985927

But not in the UK, sad to say (and not in Europe either, despite the website link!)

its because the Japanese and other eastern countries have a "can do " work ethic, things get done or there are consequences :love: its a great shame the west dont follow these examples:roll:

It's taken Amey two days so far just to replace a kerb stone on my road. So far, they've dug the old one up and put an orange plastic fence round the hole. The fence has since fallen over.

There's probably been a job raised to inspect the fence, 2 day wait obviously.

---------- Post added 15-11-2016 at 17:11 ----------

its because the Japanese and other eastern countries have a "can do " work ethic, things get done or there are consequences :love: its a great shame the west dont follow these examples:roll:

The Japanese economy has been in some terrible slump for over a decade, they're finding it really hard to kick start growth and loosing alot of ground to competing Asian countries.

The Japanese economy has been in some terrible slump for over a decade, they're finding it really hard to kick start growth and loosing alot of ground to competing Asian countries.

"Losing a lot of ground"? See what you did there!

I think it's more that the Japanese don't penny pinch when it comes to infrastructure investment.

It was impressive but they have a big problem in Japan with sink holes so they do have a lot of experience, However been two weeks and counting in Coalaston

Must have been a simple job?

They're still waiting for that one in Ripon to stop growing and moving before going in to see whats up.

Watching the video of it, there appears to be services under there-water mains and cables etc.

My concern would be walking or driving over it after the repair in case it went on the move again. But, you have to applaud how responsive they`ve been to deal with it.

No, I don`t think she did it.