25 years ago this week.

What is it with owls and their "nearly/almost" comments?.

Earlier we had "almost 20 years" it was 18 and now we have "nearly a decade afterwards" which was 8.

Why not put over 16 or over 6 it's just as accurate?.:hihi::hihi:.

As the game on the highlights was played in '91 and we got relegated in 2000 I make that nearly a decade :loopy:

As the game on the highlights was played in '91 and we got relegated in 2000 I make that nearly a decade :loopy:

You said after you came third anyway don't you know?.

---------- Post added 15-11-2016 at 22:24 ----------

As Completely irrelevant as this thread ...but it makes you feel better...like

Sheffield football section.;).

This thread topic couldn't be any more relevant to that.

Edited by panchobar

Wow how can you get upset about something that happened 25 years ago it's just part of Sheffield's football "HISTORY"

Who was the last Sheffield side to win a cup, last Sheffield side to win a playoff final, last sheffield side to win a Sheffield double , last Sheffield side to win automatic promotion & all the above are in the past & maybe part of Sheffield's football " HISTORY "

As Completely irrelevant as this thread ...but it makes you feel better...like

What will be the next Sheffield Football completely irrelevant thread ...who had more balloons at the 1993 FA Cup Semi Final..:hihi:?

Wow how can you get upset about something that happened 25 years ago it's just part of Sheffield's football "HISTORY"

Who was the last Sheffield side to win a cup, last Sheffield side to win a playoff final, last sheffield side to win a Sheffield double , last Sheffield side to win automatic promotion & all the above are in the past & maybe part of Sheffield's football " HISTORY "

I totally agree with all your post every bit of it relevant to the section and Sheffield football:confused: but yet again some people just can't cope with it.

---------- Post added 16-11-2016 at 07:36 ----------

What will be the next Sheffield Football completely irrelevant thread ...who had more balloons at the 1993 FA Cup Semi Final..:hihi:?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:,

Very good you should go for it.

I'll go for Spurs.

Edited by panchobar

Just done it for you , lick that :hihi:

Theres been much worse than that, calamitous error for Deane's goal but other than that did ok, Owls didn't play too badly on the day but we could never get one over on the big boot teams at the time, Wimbledon were another one we rarely beat.

If you think Woods performance other than the Deane comedy goal was ok then I'm afraid you weren't there mate. I know football is all about opinions and we all have subjective bias but blimey ! Every time United attacked he seemed panic stricken and flapped at every cross that came in, it was pure comedy gold for us Blades. I honestly think the continual barrage of noise from the kop unsettled him and put him off his game.

I saw Chris Woods walking down Bramall Lane prior to the Fenerbache pre-season friendly two years ago and he took some friendly banter from Blades, seemed like a good guy. Over the years I've felt sorry for him from that match

---------- Post added 16-11-2016 at 08:12 ----------

We got john sherrydan a great passer of the ball

they got john gannon who stands there and does ........all (does not much)

Just saying

Who got into Europe playing top teams?

Love that last sentence, you're being ironic right, Spora Luxembourg and Kaiserslautern :hihi:

Wednesday did have a good team in those days, you had a centre half who was a better striker than Hirst.....Warhurst that was him, big strong and direct

If you think Woods performance other than the Deane comedy goal was ok then I'm afraid you weren't there mate. I know football is all about opinions and we all have subjective bias but blimey ! Every time United attacked he seemed panic stricken and flapped at every cross that came in, it was pure comedy gold for us Blades. I honestly think the continual barrage of noise from the kop unsettled him and put him off his game.

I saw Chris Woods walking down Bramall Lane prior to the Fenerbache pre-season friendly two years ago and he took some friendly banter from Blades, seemed like a good guy. Over the years I've felt sorry for him from that match

---------- Post added 16-11-2016 at 08:12 ----------

Love that last sentence, you're being ironic right, Spora Luxembourg and Kaiserslautern :hihi:

Wednesday did have a good team in those days, you had a centre half who was a better striker than Hirst.....Warhurst that was him, big strong and direct

I was there and if he was that bad why didn't you score more goals?

No Warhurst wasn't a better striker than Hirst, he had a fantastic run after being converted from a CB but fizzled out after moving away from S6.

I was there and if he was that bad why didn't you score more goals?

No Warhurst wasn't a better striker than Hirst, he had a fantastic run after being converted from a CB but fizzled out after moving away from S6.

He won a Premier league winners medal after leaving Wednesday.

He won a Premier league winners medal after leaving Wednesday.

As a bit part in a strong squad with Shearer in the form of his life yes.

He played in 20 out of 42 games and scored 2 goals,Shearer played in all 42.

He was injured for a while.