3 month police blitz to start

Police are to start a 3 month blitz on gangs and organised crime in the parson cross /manor and arbourthorne areas of sheffield .

A ,is this well over due and b will it be a bit of a double edged sword as in the criminals will be more careful now or will it prompt more people to report stuff?

What's the point in announcing it in advance?

That's why I asked is it a double edged sword?

---------- Post added 14-11-2016 at 16:46 ----------

Those 3 areas are supposed to have seen biggest amount of gang /organised crime. I'm sure other places will be targeted in future

Because then criminals can reduce their activities during this time, crime reports will go down and the police can claim their 'blitz' has achieved it's goal without really needing to do much work.

What are they going to do that's any different and why didn't they do it in the first place?.

What are they going to do that's any different and why didn't they do it in the first place?.

A blitz in Parson Cross, Manor, Arbourthorne.

They must be having a chuckle in Burngreave, Darnall, Page Hall, and around London Road

A blitz in Parson Cross, Manor, Arbourthorne.

They must be having a chuckle in Burngreave, Darnall, Page Hall, and around London Road

:huh:

Hmmm...

Well, I'd hope the police were a bit more savvy than they're leading us to believe...

... maybe announce a 3 month blitz on gangs and organised crime in Parson Cross, Manor and Arbourthorne, and in reality actually concentrating their efforts around Burngreave, Darnall, Page Hall and around London Road? :suspect:

its elementary my dear watson.

Because then criminals can reduce their activities during this time, crime reports will go down and the police can claim their 'blitz' has achieved it's goal without really needing to do much work.

Correct.........

how they going to catch em by telling em they are coming, stupid.

Best quote I ever read:

'Police will have a ring of steel around these areas. Criminals won't be able to look over their shoulder without seeing a police officer'

I really did LAUGH OUT LOUD at that :hihi::loopy::loopy: