Dear Forum.. Do police interviews show up on checks?

I was accused of a crime involving a minor and was voluntarily interviewed by the police before being exonerated.

Will this show up on an enhanced disclosure and if so how do you get this removed?

I was accused of a crime involving a minor and was voluntarily interviewed by the police before being exonerated.

Will this show up on an enhanced disclosure and if so how do you get this removed?

If you where exonerated I wouldn't say so.

I know a several people who have been arrested, bailed and then released without charge and the arrests have not shown on a DBS check.

If you weren't questioned under caution, I would imagine it wont make any difference at all. But having said that, being questioned either way and then being exonerated shouldn't make any difference.

convictions i think only, ive been done loads of times for things but not many convictions, not much shows up ;)

I would seek professional help, much better than asking a forum for assistance for such important issue.

Angel1.

The Police are required to remove records they hold on people who have not been convicted.

That includes those arrested and then proven innocent.

If you were questioned and then proven to not have committed any crime the police should have deleted your record already.

It will not show up on a DBS check. To show up you have to have been found guilty, given a caution, a reprimand or warning. Anything you've been foundnot guilty of, insufficient evidence or if it's simply intelligence they hold then that will not show.

It used to be the case that minor crimes dropped off your police record after a set amount of time but this is no longer the case.

It will not show up on a DBS check. To show up you have to have been found guilty, given a caution, a reprimand or warning. Anything you've been foundnot guilty of, insufficient evidence or if it's simply intelligence they hold then that will not show.

I wouldn't be so sure of that;

"Each Police Force maintains a local record of information, which can be used to disclose information referred to on a disclosure in the ‘other relevant information’ section on an enhanced check. This is formally known as ‘approved information’. It is often more commonly referred to as ‘non-conviction information’ or ‘police intelligence’.

It normally relates to somebody who has never actually been convicted for the offence involved, but can also sometimes include additional information relating to a conviction.

What ‘local police information’ means

For the purposes of this page, local police information can include:

◾Fixed Penalty Notices (FPN’s)

◾Penalty Notices for Disorder (PND’s)

â—¾Findings of innocence

â—¾Acquittals

â—¾Cautions and convictions of those that you live with

â—¾Other Police intelligence (including allegations).

http://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/local-police-information-2/

Dear Forum, I have tried to email you with the relevant info but it appears your inbox does not accept messages.

Dear Forum, I have tried to email you with the relevant info but it appears your inbox does not accept messages.

It doesn't, as per the signature of 'Dear Forum;':

"Dear Forum... is way of posting up an anonymous message for those difficult questions where you don't feel comfortable using your main identity. To ask a question just PM a Moderator who will post it in the strictest confidence."

So staff can post members personal questions on the forum for advice. We don't say who the person who asked the question is etc. You are welcome to post the information you have in this thread though.