Concert tickets

Having never been in this position before I want to purchase concert tickets on Monday for a concert that is likely to sell out very quickly. Is it best to phone and possibly not be able to get through for ages or is it better to try and book on internet? Cheers!

I think I would go for the internet first as at least you know where you are at minimal cost, whereas by phone you can be left holding on forever running up a bill with no guarantee of success. Be careful to click on the correct web site if you do go down the internet route though, as there are quite a few scam merchants in the ticket business.

I think I would go for the internet first as at least you know where you are at minimal cost, whereas by phone you can be left holding on forever running up a bill with no guarantee of success. Be careful to click on the correct web site if you do go down the internet route though, as there are quite a few scam merchants in the ticket business.

Yup. I follow the link from the band's website to the official vendor. These days it's pretty much always Ticketmaster.

---------- Post added 12-11-2016 at 14:46 ----------

Having never been in this position before I want to purchase concert tickets on Monday for a concert that is likely to sell out very quickly. Is it best to phone and possibly not be able to get through for ages or is it better to try and book on internet? Cheers!

I always buy online. If you think it's gonna sell fast open up a couple of separate tabs and hopefully one of them will click through to the buying stage. There is normally a sort of holding phase that might last a minute or so.

Be ready online the moment they go on sale.

And if you don't have any joy try out getmein nearer the date of the concert.

Edited by Santo

As Santo says make sure its an official site, its usually Seetickets or Ticketmaster. It might be an idea to set up an account before the day so you dont have to do it during the purchase.

I always have a google first , check to see if theres any pre-sale or priority tickets available.

As Santo says make sure its an official site, its usually Seetickets or Ticketmaster. It might be an idea to set up an account before the day so you dont have to do it during the purchase.

I always have a google first , check to see if theres any pre-sale or priority tickets available.

Yes, that's good advice. I've been at the stage of inputting card details and confirming only for it to say 'sorry sold out.' That was annoying. 10 minutes later there were dozens on getmein - at double the face value.

Grrrr!

Got my account set up day before as advised and got tickets within 2 mins! Thanks for advice everyone:)