Rogue builders s8

my father in law yesterday received a knock on the door by a so called builder saying that is chimney was unsafe so with him suffering from dementia he said how much and the qoute was £300 , he said im a pensioner and he couldnt afford it so they said £150 he replyed he only had £80 so they said that was fine got the ladders out put a bit of cement on the flashings and left , ive reported it to the police and as they,ve actually done some work not much can be done there coming to take some details and i will name them if its found there dodgy as all numbers are dead on the card they left but just thought i would let people know to be aware ,BE SAFE

Sheffield City Council Trading Standards investigate incidents of doorstep crime and are interested in speaking to you about this matter further.

Could you please contact us on 0114 2736290 or at trading.standards@sheffield.gov.uk.

You should probably get some kind of security for your dads place, once scumbags know of an easy target they'll keep coming back to try and take more.

Sheffield City Council Trading Standards investigate incidents of doorstep crime and are interested in speaking to you about this matter further.

Could you please contact us on 0114 2736290 or at trading.standards@sheffield.gov.uk.

Very impressed that this post is on here.

being part of the local tenants/residents association that covers that area,its well known by the police and neigboour hood watch theres a suspect local builders living in greenhill area,i suggest you contact them as if its this company they are well known,if not well nothing lost,good luck with sorting it.

Thank goodness it wasn't £300 he gave them then - but still bad enough. No words to describe them - well there are but...

Ditto, also impressed, keep up the good fight n all that. Prompt too I notice.

And to target someone with dementia is despicable :rant:

---------- Post added 11-11-2016 at 23:12 ----------

Very impressed that this post is on here.

And only 90 minutes after the thread was started too !:clap:

Ditto, also impressed, keep up the good fight n all that. Prompt too I notice.

I can recall three occasions in the past when I have tried to get help from SCC Trading Standards. Never got further than the initial phone call - the last time they told me they had been shut down because of cut backs. Then again, at least I got to speak to someone. Three other departments I tried never answered or got back to messages.

I also spoke to Blackpool Council Trading Standards and Food Hygiene and both were very helpful.

I can recall three occasions in the past when I have tried to get help from SCC Trading Standards. Never got further than the initial phone call - the last time they told me they had been shut down because of cut backs. Then again, at least I got to speak to someone. Three other departments I tried never answered or got back to messages.

I also spoke to Blackpool Council Trading Standards and Food Hygiene and both were very helpful.

I have never had any luck with SCC Trading Standards either. They didn't seem interested in what I had to say.