How do you stop the queue jumping motorists ?

Better not tell him that I zoom up the outside lane of Prince of Wales Road past all the queueing cars in the left, and go all the way around a roundabout to get on the Parkway heading out of town, he'll go mental

Does anybody not do that? it's the sensible thing to do.

Edited by gomgeg

Does anybody not do that? it's the sensible thing to do.

i quite like it when a Hgvs slows the queue jumper down by blocking the out side lane, its amazing how fast the inside lane moves.

i quite like it when a Hgvs slows the queue jumper down by blocking the out side lane, its amazing how fast the inside lane moves.

Well, it's not strictly queue jumping, just making optimum use of the road available, but I know what you mean.

One of the few benefits of being retired to be honest is that you're not really in that much of a hurry to get anywhere anyhow, there's all tomorrow not started on yet.

The only time I get annoyed is when people cut me up from the right hand lane at a set of lights; we both pull away and they floor it to get in front as they actually want to be in my lane to turn left at the next junction.

I don't mind that as long as they go for the full F1 start and really put the boot down, if I set off normally they'll easily get in front of me.

If they're going to lazily try and push in front without making any real effort thats a different kettle of fish.

I don't mind that as long as they go for the full F1 start and really put the boot down, if I set off normally they'll easily get in front of me.

If they're going to lazily try and push in front without making any real effort thats a different kettle of fish.

True, and bear in mind some people might not be familier with the area and end up in the wrong lane - it happens to the best of us.

My favourite is a left turn off a roundabout where there is always a tailback. I pass stationary traffic on the right, approach the roundabout, go round it and exit the roundabout where everyone has been waiting to exit.

Saves me at least 40 seconds:)

as the name suggests, roundabouts are there to go round thats why they constructed them, dont get in the left lane, get in the right lane and go round and round its jolly good fun.

I just chill apart from the time when a queue jumper took my front bumper with them.

I really don't care same as motorist who pull out on you or cut you up, really not botherd .All i am botherd about is getting to where i'm going in one piece and as long as i drive without causing offence to other drivers then job done.

---------- Post added 11-11-2016 at 21:05 ----------

Sorry, I`m a bit surprised here, can we just confirm we haven`t had a breakdown in communication.

Are we saying it`s fine if drivers jump the queue ?

Further, are we saying that some of the posters on here wouldn`t mind if they jumped the queue in front to them ? Can we then take that one stage further, would they mind if, say, someone pushed in front of them in the Supermarket queue ? If not, what`s the difference ?

They don't have a cucumber in their hand ready to *wa* you one if you complain.

At the top of Halifax road on your out towards Grenoside the two lanes merge into one. When I'm in the left lane I DO NOT allow in those jokers that come tearing up from behind and attempt to cut in front of me.

At the top of Halifax road on your out towards Grenoside the two lanes merge into one. When I'm in the left lane I DO NOT allow in those jokers that come tearing up from behind and attempt to cut in front of me.

If we're lucky a policeman will spot you and you'll get a ticket for driving like that.

If everyone used both lanes as they should then the queue would be half as long and it wouldn't be impacting junctions further back and adding to the congestion. It's almost certainly not the merge in turn that is causing the bottleneck either is it, it's whatever junctions come after the merge.

After the merge, as you drive into Greno Village, there are several traffic lights, a 30mph speed camera and a carriageway narrowed by parked cars on at least one side. I never liked cycling through that section, maintaining primary position is difficult when faced with impatient drivers.