How do you stop the queue jumping motorists ?

People don't slow when others merge in though. As in my evidence above.

Proof that it causes inefficiency?

And please drop the shop strawman it's irrelevant as you know.

If it ever became official policy then it would be wise to put signs up. The problem we have at the moment is that the majority do it in a way that is expected whilst a minority disagree and want to do it in away they believe to be more efficient, this unfortunately leads to lower efficiency and more accidents.

You claim you represent the majority, but the evidence of this thread would suggest otherwise wouldn't it... :roll:

The sheer volume of traffic will cause a queue wherever 2 lanes make 1 whether that be 800 yards or a merge point. A gradual build up is inevitable due to some law that can't be changed, physics or similar I think :hihi:

I think the ridiculous amount of pages for this gone off topic is causing a queue somewhere else on the forum. Hope the mods make it merge in turn :P

You claim you represent the majority, but the evidence of this thread would suggest otherwise wouldn't it... :roll:

If your opinion was a majority opinion we wouldn't be having this discussion because there would be no single file queues of traffic or queue jumpers, everyone would be driving the same as you.

If your opinion was the majority there wouldn't be only Justin agreeing with you!

How does you rushing to the front of the queue and pushing in increase traffic flow past the obstruction?

Strawman again....

People don't slow when others merge in though. As in my evidence above.

Proof that it causes inefficiency?

And please drop the shop strawman it's irrelevant as you know.

If you always jump the queue you wouldn't know, have you never had to slow down when someone pulls in front of you?

Ten people in a queue waiting to go through a narrow door, you decide that you don't want to wait so you go to the front, best possible outcome is everyone is happy that you pushed in and efficiency remains the same, the same number of people get through the door, you a lot faster than you would have if you had joined the queue and everyone else a little slower.

But then everyone might not be happy with you pushing in so it causes conflict which results in lower efficiency as one or more try to get through the door at the same time.

Ten people running towards the door at the same time would be very inefficient, much more efficient if they form a singe file queue and go through in turn.

Please explain why you think pushing in increase efficiency without causing conflict?

Assertions are not proof.

Please provide proof of your assertions or they will be dismissed for being meritless and baseless.

If your opinion was the majority there wouldn't be only Justin agreeing with you!

SF isn't the real wold, the majority don't push in, therefor the people that do are in the minority.

---------- Post added 24-11-2016 at 12:26 ----------

Strawman again....

Its a more inventive and simplistic way of explaining the same thing, it's a useful method of teaching when someone is struggling to understand.

I'l try another way for you.

You are number 10 in a queue at a checkout, I come in behind you but realise that I am blocking the isle, so instead of standing behind you I start a new queue next to number 1 in the queue, 8 more people come in behind me, so we have successfully avoided blocking the isle.

Now the polite thing for me to do is wait until your queue as moved and you are served then I and my queue take our turn to be served.

Or do you suggest now we have 2 queues that we zip merge, I move in after number 1 and become number 2 and so on until everyone in my queue as been served before you.

Edited by Petminder

If your opinion was a majority opinion we wouldn't be having this discussion because there would be no single file queues of traffic or queue jumpers, everyone would be driving the same as you.

There only seems to be yourself and one other person on this thread that have the same beliefs. So how can you be in the majority?

There only seems to be yourself and one other person on this thread that have the same beliefs. So how can you be in the majority?

Because the majority of drivers don't push in, they wait their turn.

Threads like this will be redundant with the advent of driverless cars and associated interconnectivity. The algorithms used will be optimised for road capacity and traffic flow, so perhaps we can look forward to certain people arguing that the algorithms are wrong.