How do you stop the queue jumping motorists ?

Let`s be clear what we mean here. If a driver leaves a queue, drives off all round the back streets, then rejoins the same queue, and at the same side of the junction causing the hold up, they`ve just jumped the queue. It really annoys me when I see this for two reasons. The first is that they have just jumped the queue and that is enough on its own to wind me up. But the second reason is they`ve just taken advantage of the goodwill of another motorist (who has let them in further on) to do so. The pernicious effect of this is each time I see this happening it makes me a little less willing to let other drivers in.

What can be done to stop it ?

Are there any no here who are willing to try and argue black is white and the drivers concerned aren`t actually doing anything wrong ?

A classic, and particularly blatant, example occurred this morning. A white Fiat 500 gets let out turning right onto Middlewood Rd from from Crofton Ave, then almost immediately turns left down Dudley Rd. Then immediately turns right along that narrow little car parking road, drives to the front and cheekily pulls out (actually gets let out....) again onto Middlewood Rd, having gained about 10 car lengths ! It was the most blatant piece of queue jumping I`ve ever seen !

More common are the cars which use Penistone Old Rd (past the old Prestos) to jump the peak time queue along the main dual carriageway. That`s why, if I`m using that little one way system outside Burrows, I never let a car in which has come along the old road.

To those who don`t mind this queue jumping, I pose this question :

Are we saying it`s fine if drivers jump the queue ?

Further, are you saying you wouldn`t mind if they jumped the traffic queue in front of you ? Can we then take that one stage further, would you mind if, say, someone pushed in front of you in the Supermarket queue ? If you would mind that, what`s the difference ?

Edited by Justin Smith

Let`s be clear what we mean here. If a driver leaves a queue, drives off all round the back streets, then rejoins the same queue, and at the same side of the junction causing the hold up, they`ve just jumped the queue. It really annoys me when I see this for two reasons. The first is that they have just jumped the queue and that is enough on its own to wind me up. But the second reason is they`ve just taken advantage of the goodwill of another motorists (who has let them in further on) to do so. The pernicious effect of this is each time I see this happening it, makes me a little less willing to let other drivers in.

What can be done to stop it ?

Are there any no here who are willing to try and argue black is white and the drivers concerned aren`t actually doing anything wrong ?

Common examples :

Drivers on Penistone Rd who turn off along the old road (where Prestos used to be) and then cut in at the front. This is why, at peak hors, I never let any vehicle pull out at the junction (the one actually on the old road) in front of Burrows car dealership.

I saw a 4WD pickup drive (far too fast) up Dixon Rd, then, a few minutes later remerge further on turning left out of Lennox Rd. I was hoping nobody would let him out, but, unfortunately, they did.

The worst example this morning in fact. A white Fiat 500 gets let out from Crofton Ave, then almost immediately turns left down Dudley Rd. Then immediately turns right along that narrow little car parking road, drives to the front and cheekily pulls out (actually gets let out....) again onto Middlewood Rd, having gained about 10 car lengths ! It was the most blatant piece of queue jumping I`ve ever seen ! Never let a white Fiat 500 out of the little road next to Asda !

It's called 'furbo' in Italy and is considered something to be proud of.

Is it really worth worrying about? Why not just commute and worry about yourself? Life is too short to write extensive posts about Fiat 500s.

The drivers I worry most about are the ones who spend all their time monitoring what everyone else is doing instead of what they're doing.

Oh sorry officer, I didn't see the child because my eyes were on the guy having a fag 7 cars back!

:rolleyes:

You were behind the "offender" to start with and are still behind them after their manoeuvre so you've lost nothing.

So, just relax and enjoy the comfort of your own environment.

Jesus man calm down.

Can you not take the tram instead, you seem to be commuting along a tram line if you're in Middlewood.

Jesus man calm down.

Can you not take the tram instead, you seem to be commuting along a tram line if you're in Middlewood.

I think people like to queue.

When a 2 lane road merges into 1 lane, people just seem to want to queue, single file, for miles.

Please just merge at the point of the lane narrowing, not miles back.

Heh .. i feel your anger. X

Better not tell him that I zoom up the outside lane of Prince of Wales Road past all the queueing cars in the left, and go all the way around a roundabout to get on the Parkway heading out of town, he'll go mental

Better not tell him that I zoom up the outside lane of Prince of Wales Road past all the queueing cars in the left, and go all the way around a roundabout to get on the Parkway heading out of town, he'll go mental

At University I used to go in the paternoster lift round the bottom via the basement and back up to beat the queue.

Bit clausto if it stopped though, which it did, often.

That`s exactly what the drivers do in the opener.

Don`t you feel a bit guilty about doing that ? Why do you feel you have the right to push in front of others ? Do you think you, or your time, is more important than their`s ? Is that not selfish and arrogant ?

You get loads of people doing that at the roundabout at the end of the M67, it`s very annoying because there`s nothing you can do about it, once they`re on the roundabout it`s their right of way to then push in front of everyone else. If that`s morally "right" then there`s something wrong with the morals of the world.

When a 2 lane road merges into 1 lane, people just seem to want to queue, single file, for miles.

Please just merge at the point of the lane narrowing, not miles back.

Very much this and especially in Sheffield.

Yes obviously it does happen in other places, but in Sheffield you can get well over a half mile queue in one lane with the other totally empty.

That`s exactly what the drivers do in the opener.

Don`t you feel a bit guilty about doing that ? Why do you feel you have the right to push in front of others ? Do you think you, or your time, is more important than their`s ? Is that not selfish and arrogant ?

You get loads of people doing that at the roundabout at the end of the M67, it`s very annoying because there`s nothing you can do about it, once they`re on the roundabout it`s their right of way to then push in front of everyone else. If that`s morally "right" then there`s something wrong with the morals of the world.

This thread is a troll right? You can't seriously be that bothered about it that it leads you to question the country's moral compass?

Work quiet at the moment is it?