Chedsterfield v Blades - 13/11/16

It reminds me of when Dave Basset took over.He cleared a lot of deadwood out and the players he brought in all bought in to his philosophy .

I expected Wilder to sort it out but not this quick.I thought we would be hanging on in there for the first few months then would kick on in the New Year when the team was more settled.

Yes agreed. He seems like he's modelled his management style on Basset which can only be a good thing. It will be interesting now to see how long/much we can put pressure on the top two.

It's looking good at the moment.

It reminds me of when Dave Basset took over.He cleared a lot of deadwood out and the players he brought in all bought in to his philosophy .

I expected Wilder to sort it out but not this quick.I thought we would be hanging on in there for the first few months then would kick on in the New Year when the team was more settled.

me too really.

I'm trying not to get too far ahead :hihi: We're still only 3rd and Scunny have a huge lead. Long way to go...

but, it IS looking really good though :) I think as I said, this was a huge banana skin, and they've shown how to deal with that. Really good result today I thought.

When I hear genuine positive things coming out of Keith Edwards on the radio, I know things are good!

Keep it up lads. This division is tough to get out of, but FFS we've had enough of it!

has he though? obviously not very up on the ins and outs for you in the close season but i was under the impression he only brought a couple of new players in, the rest were already there. seems he is just getting the best out of the players adkins couldn't.

anyway a good and expected result. my work mate will be happy, i was telling him to cash out his bet yesterday as he only had the united result to come in, he'll be glad he didn't listen to me now:hihi:

long way to go to to say you'll go up as champions but your current form is certainly promotion form, bring on the derbys:)

has he though? obviously not very up on the ins and outs for you in the close season but i was under the impression he only brought a couple of new players in, the rest were already there. seems he is just getting the best out of the players adkins couldn't.

anyway a good and expected result. my work mate will be happy, i was telling him to cash out his bet yesterday as he only had the united result to come in, he'll be glad he didn't listen to me now:hihi:

long way to go to to say you'll go up as champions but your current form is certainly promotion form, bring on the derbys:)

It's practically a new team nervy.

Only Sharp, Basham, Done and maybe Couts were playing regularly last season.

Like you say there's a long way to go and owt could and probably will happen with the Blades.

fair enough atti, would of said it's even more impressive if he hadn't brought many in. your defence wasn't at it's best by sounds of it but if you are capable of getting over 2 goals a game it shouldn't be a huge issue if the defence isn't performing to it's best

Expected win, but another 4 goals? Very impressive.

Considering the lack of shots on target and goals at the start of the season, the change has been unreal.

26 goals in 7 games is a fantastic achievement, and normally something that other teams do and not us.

I do think the Chesterfield goalkeeper will be concerned at all 4 goals he has conceded today though.

Great to see Bolton dropping points today too, shame tha Scunthorpe and Bradford both had wins yesterday though.

Expected win, but another 4 goals? Very impressive.

Considering the lack of shots on target and goals at the start of the season, the change has been unreal.

26 goals in 7 games is a fantastic achievement, and normally something that other teams do and not us.

I do think the Chesterfield goalkeeper will be concerned at all 4 goals he has conceded today though.

Great to see Bolton dropping points today too, shame tha Scunthorpe and Bradford both had wins yesterday though.

Think so long as we keep up the pressure, I think at least one of them will start to feel it. All we can do is keep consistent. I can't believe how many goals we're scoring.

I do think though we could do with another big, tough centre half who's good in the air.

I said weeks ago I'll get excited if we win five on the bounce... Never expected this!

I think that as the team has progressed and come together,Wilder and the players are backing themselves against any team in the division,they see that there is nothing to fear,although they respect the opponent and play them on their merits,but they will take the game to them and if it means shipping a goal or 2 in the process,so be it.

The players have got to grips with the formation and playing style,although there are still some issues defensively that showed up in the first half yesterday,players like Freeman and Lafferty have the licence to bomb forward,but they will leave spaces behind them in wide areas,and they have to put a shift in to get up and down the pitch,or others have to cover for them when we don't have the ball.

Chesterfield caused us problems by looking to expose us defensively in those areas,Evans playing out wide left and Ariyibi on the right trying to drag our centre backs out of position to leave space for runners to get in the gaps that became available,and towards the end of the first half,EEL had to come over to deal with Ariyibi as he was causing us so many problems.

Our attacks were breaking down through poor crosses,or they were pressing us and winning too much ball,then picking it up just outside their area and going at us with pace straight through to our centre backs in a lot of cases and giving us some problems.

We needed our midfield players to get a foot in and hold them up when we lost the ball high up the pitch and prevent them getting forward to build attacks by running at us down the flanks,and we were not doing that.It's just being better when we are not in possession,getting in their faces more to give us time to get back and set defensively when we lost the ball in our attacks.

Ched Evans had Basham in his pocket in the first half and made it look easy..

me too really.

I'm trying not to get too far ahead :hihi: We're still only 3rd and Scunny have a huge lead. Long way to go...

but, it IS looking really good though :) I think as I said, this was a huge banana skin, and they've shown how to deal with that. Really good result today I thought.

When I hear genuine positive things coming out of Keith Edwards on the radio, I know things are good!

Keep it up lads. This division is tough to get out of, but FFS we've had enough of it!

Scunny have a 6 point lead, we have a game in hand, and you'd have to say we would probably win it given our current form, then the gap's down to 3 points. Considering there's 2/3rds of the season to go I'd hardly call that a " huge gap".

We've also played away at Scunny, Notlob and Bratfud.

Think so long as we keep up the pressure, I think at least one of them will start to feel it. All we can do is keep consistent. I can't believe how many goals we're scoring.

I do think though we could do with another big, tough centre half who's good in the air.

I said weeks ago I'll get excited if we win five on the bounce... Never expected this!

I think we are well suited in this area personally.

The real man of the match wasn't Billy Sharp yesterday in my opinion and instead left the pitch early....This was Jake Wright.

EEL has sort of stolen all of the glory at the minute however Wright is an unsung hero who has played equal to the former if not better in certain ways....Ok he hasn't scored goals like Ebanks Landell has however he has been solid at the back and has won everything.

The you have O'Connell who is a class act as well........That back three have been absolute quality of late....And we Have Brown and Wilson sat in the wings.

Scunny have a 6 point lead, we have a game in hand, and you'd have to say we would probably win it given our current form, then the gap's down to 3 points. Considering there's 2/3rds of the season to go I'd hardly call that a " huge gap".

You are obviously more of an optimist than me Ridge :hihi:

A game in hand is always a nice little bonus, but it's not 3 points until the win.

A huge gap - maybe not, but I would like to be 6 points clear of 3rd place (it would give us a bit of leeway for a bit of a poor run), and to do that means winning the game in hand, and a further 3 wins with Scunny getting nothing. I think that's a big gap. But then I'm probably not naturally an optimist!