Hybrid vehicles question

Let's take a sensible upper limit then and see.

100 seconds (yes that's fast) to charge a 1GJ battery (3 times the max on the current Tesla S). That's a charge rate of 10 MW (about 5 times the power max on an electric oven).

Any of the current connector standards up to that?

Do we really want to force the industry to incur the extra cost of making all charging stations 10 MW when we don't know if it will ever be needed (or are you not proposing anything like that)?

Do we want to force them to use cabling which can handle 10 MW when it may never be needed?

Do you think they've even got cabling to the site that can do that?

10MW isn't 5 times the power of an electric oven. It's 5,000 times the power - my oven is 2kW at home. I'm not sure what you are roasting.

However Amphenol do supply 2500A 2kV DC power connectors for shore power to supply ships. So they exist.

Now currently we have three competeing standards. These need right now regulating. Are you even going to debate that point or just waste time with spurious and pointless what ifs that are not relevant and are probably never going to come about.

Do you think they've even got cabling to the site that can do that?

10MW isn't 5 times the power of an electric oven. It's 5,000 times the power - my oven is 2kW at home. I'm not sure what you are roasting.

However Amphenol do supply 2500A 2kV DC power connectors for shore power to supply ships. So they exist.

Now currently we have three competeing standards. These need right now regulating. Are you even going to debate that point or just waste time with spurious and pointless what ifs that are not relevant and are probably never going to come about.

The point is that the ceiling on the future technical requirements for fast charging electric cars is very high. Therefore a government imposed standard would be premature. By the time they've got themselves organised to regulate one of the existing standards, the industry will have moved on.

Do you really want people hanging around ten times longer than necessary at the fast chargers because the government messed up the standards?

And you are missing the point. I'm not sure why since it's been made several times but you seem to be just banging on about governments and future and how you cant do because future unknowns.