Website design/cost?

how much is it to design a website for a builder?

nothing spectacular

just a website that i can add pictures of my work too/and customer reviews too

so don`t want a costly upkeep per month/year.Just a one off cost to set one up.

so is it possible to give me an example of a set up cost to design/get it up and running.

if people can give me a rough guide then i will get in touch if/when i`m happy with a price i can afford.

this should help me and save me wasting your time

many thanks in advance

ian

If you go onto WIX.COM you can build one yourself and it is very easy,it must be because I built one,and it is free.

Would be more inclined to have a Facebook page instead (as others have mentioned too), also a presence on Google Maps.

Things to consider:

1. You may want a domain name of your own, like bobthebuilder.co.uk, you will have to pay a small amount every year or two for the domain name

2. You may want an email address of the form something@bobthebuilder.co.uk, the email hosting will have an annual cost, or you could automatically redirect the email to an existing account usually for free

3. For a webpage you will need web hosting which will have an annual cost. There may be some sites that will host for free, but check the T&Cs

4. Many web hosting companies will have templates for different types of websites, or you could pay someone to design your own. If you want to accept payments from the website there may be additonal costs for that

Basically it can get complicated, but there are companies like wix.com who may be able to do everything.

I suggest you go to checkatrade and check out some of your competitors web sites. Usually at the bottom of the website there will be a link to the company that designed the website.

3 hours ago, Kotryna104104 said:

I personally use a web hosting company to help me manage my own website. I tried different providers but would recommend Hostinger for this. I use a simple WordPress theme for this and it works perfectly! BTW I dont know anything about HTML or CSS codes to bother creating something from scratch so web hosting was a great solution

Reported

Deleted, as offending post removed.

Edited by RollingJ

When I used to have a website I was recommended to use fasthosts and they charged something like £3.60 a month and you were charged monthly, not like you see on adverts for software products which means what it works out at a month  but pay year upfront so was pleasantly surprised. They can deal with registering a domain should you decide to have a dedicated website.

29 minutes ago, daikaads said:

You can better search in Google for best freelance web designers

Searching for best freelance web designers definitely won't produce companies that spam random forums like the one you're trying to promote.