Website design/cost?

is there anyone that can create a website for me?

it is a construction based website offering building/maintenance services.

i`m wanting to know an approx price and running costs if any

It all depends....

how many pages? static or dynamic content?

do you want user accounts, and able to update/edit the site, or do you just want a few pages with who you are, contact info, and maybe some testimonials..?

It's like asking you how much it would cost to build a fence and maintain it.

It's best to find someone local which is why it is probably good to check on here or in the business section.

Ideally, if you know anyone that's had a website built for them and are happy with it I'd ask them for recommendations on who they used. It's similar to the construction industry in that way, it is best to find someone that's been recommended rather than out of a directory.

is there anyone that can create a website for me?

it is a construction based website offering building/maintenance services.

i`m wanting to know an approx price and running costs if any

Don't pay some halfwit to do it, get on Squarespace and do it yourself.

unless you want a really special corporate website with loads of features or somethign resource intensive, you pretty much don't need someone to do it for you now. i'm an absolute novice when it comes to this sort of thing and i made a website for my wife for her to sell pottery on. there's a bunch of guides availabel online, i googled and found this: https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/websites/web-design/web-design-tips-for-planning-a-website/ and that's just to help you pick the kind of template you want, but you don't have to design one yourself or pay anyone either lol! good luck mate!

Ya gotta provide more details imo

Edited by ncarpenter

how much is it to design a website for a builder?

nothing spectacular

just a website that i can add pictures of my work too/and customer reviews too

so don`t want a costly upkeep per month/year.Just a one off cost to set one up.

so is it possible to give me an example of a set up cost to design/get it up and running.

if people can give me a rough guide then i will get in touch if/when i`m happy with a price i can afford.

this should help me and save me wasting your time

many thanks in advance

ian

unless you want a really special corporate website with loads of features or somethign resource intensive, you pretty much don't need someone to do it for you now. i'm an absolute novice when it comes to this sort of thing and i made a website for my wife for her to sell pottery on. there's a bunch of guides availabel online, i googled and found this: https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/websites/web-design/web-design-tips-for-planning-a-website/ and that's just to help you pick the kind of template you want, but you don't have to design one yourself or pay anyone either lol! good luck mate!

Thankyou for your response.what did you end up paying? And do you have to pay to keep it up and running to a server?

Ian

---------- Post added 11-11-2016 at 08:43 ----------

Don't pay some halfwit to do it, get on Squarespace and do it yourself.

What does it cost with them to sort it?

plus whats the cost to have it up and running per year?

Dorberman - have you checked whether your ISP gives you any web space with your account? If so, you could maybe use that. If not, you will need to spend about £3 per month for hosting plus your domain name so it's not going to be expensive. From what you say, you might be able to do it yourself if you choose a hosting company that includes a website builder. Go with a UK company if possible as it is easier to communicate. This might be of interest.

If its a basic web presence I wouldn't really bother, just go with Facebook, its easier to manage. I get loads more contact via FB than my web page.