Winter tyres - recommendations needed

I fitted winter tyres to my cmax after getting stuck on a "flat" road and getting the locals to give me a push. £70 each just at the front (I know I should get them all round, but the car is brilliant with the 2). When I had them fitted I drove up a steep hill with 4 inches of snow on it and the car went up without any problems or sliding. My car is parked on a steep drive and getting out when there is fresh snow is an absolute breeze.

The thing I've noticed these last few days are the potholes. They are getting bigger by the day.

If you only do a few miles per year is there any drawback in having winter tyres fitted all year round?

The car is 2008 done approx 25k miles still on its original tyres but they now need changing. Am considering putting winter or all season tyres on now and leaving them on.

Does this seem a sensible approach?

Thanks

Winter tyres wear quicker and are less effective in the summer.

Winter tyres wear quicker and are less effective in the summer.

But only a little less effective than summer tyres in summer, whereas summer tyres are a lot less effective than winter tyres in winter. One manufacturer specifically advises fitting winter tyres all year if you are intending to just use one set all year.

But only a little less effective than summer tyres in summer, whereas summer tyres are a lot less effective than winter tyres in winter. One manufacturer specifically advises fitting winter tyres all year if you are intending to just use one set all year.

4 season tyres would be most appropriate though.

Get buying them winter tyres now - I get Kingpin mud and snow £35 a pop and are fantastic in the snow, wives little meriva gets everywhere the discovery gets !

.need a tyre replacing but is a winter tyre so looking for a place that stocks winter tyres and fitting . recomendations anyone please

I'd use ap tyres at park gate rotherham but depends where your at

bit far as im sheffield thanks anyway

bit far as im sheffield thanks anyway

I think there is garage on Hatfield Lane nr to Molineaux rd that does them. S5 area

Grahams Tyres Leppings Lane? Give them a bell and see if they've got them in 0114 233 2845

ring steve staton 0114..........2486184 over 25 years in the tyre trade and is spot on with advice and prices on winter tyres, hes next to birley moor garden centre.