Help with vet costs?

Hi, currently got a sick cat u fortunately and we don't have insurance due to being on a low income (and as one of us works full time, we can't get the benefits for Pdsa).

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a vet who accepts payment instalments as right now this is our only option.

I know people are going to say we should have gotten insurance but we haven't and didn't, And right now my main priority is finding somewhere To Help.

Sorry, I don't know anywhere that will take payment in instalments from new clients. I know a couple who have done so when regular clients have a particularly high bill, but I think that they have been caught out too many times to offer it generally any more.

The solution offered (generally) is that putting the animal to sleep is offered as an alternative to expensive treatment. It stinks and is (IMO) inappropriate, but that is often what I've seen done.

The only option (if after the list of numbers i have dont do it) is PDSA whove said most they can do is a 30% discount. My worry is its going to be veru expencive (we used pdsa years ago when a cat was ill, he had an operation and it was around 500. That would take out half a wage as well as leave us having to borrow all month to get through :/

Do you get housing ben/c tax ben or tax credit at all?

No, we get none. Low income household (barely get through each month) but as I live at home and my mum works full time, we don't. We tried sorting it out for a reduction as only one person works in the house but apparently they don't do things like that anymore

Do you know anyone who is on benefits who could take the cat for you and say it is theirs? I know others will frown at this but hey ho! The cat deserves a chance..

A friend did that for us as she was getting worse. Nothing could be done for her unfortunetly and she has had to be out down. Still not sure what caused it 100% but one of her children also passed away last year one night and he showed no signs of being ill what so ever so. Very distraught household today but at least she's not suffering anymore. Thanks everyone for helping either wah

I'm so sorry to hear of the very sad outcome, but glad that you managed to get some help :(

Thank you :( I've decided if I'm ready to get another kitten then it'll be insured and have it's vaccinations. It's either going to be a rescue or a pet shop rescue kitten (as I'd rather make sure something from there is going to a safe home as they don't check out owners like rescue places do)

My vets lets me pay in installments if I need to, I have to pay half upfront and the rest over a short period