Black poppies not me

So now we have black poppies to remember black soldiers. Well I'm sorry but I will only be wearing a red one. To me a poppy is for all the fallen no matter colour they are. Why is everything turned to race.

So now we have black poppies to remember black soldiers. Well I'm sorry but I will only be wearing a red one. To me a poppy is for all the fallen no matter colour they are. Why is everything turned to race.

I agree.

Red poppies are to signify the poppies that grew in the shell holes on the battlefields and the blood that spilled.

I wonder what would happen if someone suggested white poppies to commemorate the white soldiers that fell?

Totaly agree with you. I always thought the poppy signified blood spilt dureing war's and to my knowlege no-matter what color you are we all have the same color blood .

All hell would let lose and that person would be called a racists.

I was always told that it was because they were the first flowers to grow on the Somme battlefields after the war.

I agree.

Red poppies are to signify the poppies that grew in the shell holes on the battlefields and the blood that spilled.

I wonder what would happen if someone suggested white poppies to commemorate the white soldiers that fell?

I suspect the people that wear white poppies as a symbol of pacifism would complain Liz.

Don't buy one then.

I'll continue to wear a red poppy, however I think the black poppy is merely to highlight the contributions of black & Asian commonwealth servicemen who history hasn't remembered with the same enthusiasm as others.

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 19:58 ----------

All hell would let lose and that person would be called a racists.

Calm down dear

I'll continue to wear a red poppy, however I think the black poppy is merely to highlight the contributions of black & Asian commonwealth servicemen who history hasn't remembered with the same enthusiasm as others.

talking of which fella theres a forgotten history of black britons documentary on BBC at 9

I suspect the people that wear white poppies as a symbol of pacifism would complain Liz.

indeed they do, john snow the c4 newscaster used to wear on.

when he started it caused quite a kerfuffle amongst the shouty types

talking of which fella theres a forgotten history of black britons documentary on BBC at 9

Thanks Mel :thumbsup:

A black poppy reduces the subject to one that is purely about colour. I thought we as a society were trying to move away from such things.