Grimsby v Blades, EFL.

597 attendance including 179 from Sheffield with nowt better to do tonight.Hats off to 'em

Absolutely.

That's good support! I bet some probably live in Cleethorpes and saw it as an opportunity to go. I would have if there.

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 22:28 ----------

What an absolute joke this travesty of a competition is, should be scrapped immediately as it's a total waste of time for all concerned.

actually looking at my impressed post at 179! :hihi: It really shows what a waste this is. It's got to be the worst supported cup I've ever seen.

I think the youngsters will love it a chance to play '1st team' football, so perhaps just make the whole thing under21s and have done with it. It couldn't get any fewer fans!

From the corners of my mind I think the last time a Sheffield team played Grimsby Town they won 7 goals to one,mind you that were in

real cup .

Edited by samssong

In a cup tie?

Wednesday again a 1-1 draw in the Ldv.

Wednesday again a 1-1 draw in the Ldv.

I said it was a memory from the corners of my mind so must have dreamt it:hihi:

I said it was a memory from the corners of my mind so must have dreamt it:hihi:

It's all there in the link Sam the 7-1 was before that.

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/vow-to-get-tough-on-football-violence-as-29-are-charged-following-clashes-in-cleethorpes/story-29878924-detail/story.html

29 Blades fans arrested after violence at the game. Why is it Blades fans can't keep out of trouble - they're almost as bad as the players!

:roll::roll::roll::roll:'

Wrong game.

More Grimsby fans than Blades in that 29.

Edited by panchobar

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/vow-to-get-tough-on-football-violence-as-29-are-charged-following-clashes-in-cleethorpes/story-29878924-detail/story.html

29 Blades fans arrested after violence at the game. Why is it Blades fans can't keep out of trouble - they're almost as bad as the players!

1. It relates to the pre-season game. One in which Grimsby fans attacked drinking Sheffield United fans, some of whom stupidly retaliated.

2. It is 12 Sheffield United fans and 17 Grimsby fans. Actually reading the article would have taught you this.

3 .It ain't just Sheffield United fans. It is idiots from both clubs and well....All clubs really and they need banning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV6KaoF4BSA

1. It relates to the pre-season game. One in which Grimsby fans attacked drinking Sheffield United fans, some of whom stupidly retaliated.

2. It is 12 Sheffield United fans and 17 Grimsby fans. Actually reading the article would have taught you this.

3 .It ain't just Sheffield United fans. It is idiots from both clubs and well....All clubs really and they need banning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV6KaoF4BSA

One loan fan who was walking home from that match ended up in intensive care. Don't, the know who he supported .

What an absolute joke this travesty of a competition is, should be scrapped immediately as it's a total waste of time for all concerned.

Well said...

---------- Post added 10-11-2016 at 15:06 ----------

One loan fan who was walking home from that match ended up in intensive care. Don't, the know who he supported .

On loan to Grimsby ?

Edited by Ridgewalk
Repeat post