Grimsby v Blades, EFL.

The pre season friendly was a sell out but I can't see much interest in this match.

The pre season friendly was a sell out but I can't see much interest in this match.

What an absolute joke this travesty of a competition is, should be scrapped immediately as it's a total waste of time for all concerned.

What an absolute joke this travesty of a competition is, should be scrapped immediately as it's a total waste of time for all concerned.

This idiotic competition surely can't last for more than 1 season. Grimsby are predicting it could be their lowest ever cup attendance ; maybe 500.

Losing 1-0.

Never been as chuffed to be losing before!

Wilder has rightly thrown in a good few youngsters and rightly so because I don't want our terrific 1st team players playing midweek for nothing!

1-1 Regan Slater 17 years old.

I'm never chuffed to be losing.

1-1 Regan Slater 17 years old.

I'm never chuffed to be losing.

Well I don't give a you know what if we lose!....We shouldn't even be in the competition and should have been allowed to opt out!

Great stuff to see young Slater bang one in as it will be great for his development but other than that....I don't really care what so ever!

And now we are winning 1-2 and I still don't really care! Great for the scorer but other than that it is a reserves match that we need to hurry up and get out of!

And a third goal.....Again great for the scorers but i'm not really bothered in the slightest about the outcome of the game!

Edited by green_man

And now we are winning 1-2 and I still don't really care! Great for the scorer

Not so great it was an own goal.:hihi::hihi:.

Not so great it was an own goal.:hihi::hihi:.

Nice to see Jack O'Connell bang one in though. Our defenders are all capable from set pieces......

And 2-3...Grimsby pull one back against our kiddies.

And 2-4 to our Junior Blades........Great for the scorer but again STILL don't care about the overall result!

..............................................................................................................................................

THAT GOAL BEING THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT TODAY! -

Leon Clarke coming back for his first competitive game after injury and hitting the back of the net after a long break!..With Done's cheekbone issues and stuff, you never know if he is going to be called upon and it is great to see he is chomping at the bit.

Edited by green_man

2-3 now the scorer of our second will be happier he's scored for his own team aswell.

Only joking but he has been booked.:hihi::hihi:.

---------- Post added 09-11-2016 at 21:31 ----------

2-4 Clarkey is back.

Edited by panchobar

I wonder how many Blades went?

A waste of space cup, which we are already out of.

A reckon the few that go to absolutely everything, the few that wanted go to see the new players and young ones, and probably any who happened to be on hols in Cleethorpes this week.

I'd surprised (but impressed) if 100 went.

I wonder how many Blades went?

A waste of space cup, which we are already out of.

A reckon the few that go to absolutely everything, the few that wanted go to see the new players and young ones, and probably any who happened to be on hols in Cleethorpes this week.

I'd surprised (but impressed) if 100 went.

597 attendance including 179 from Sheffield with nowt better to do tonight.Hats off to 'em