New Niche nightclub Sheffield Wicker.

any idea when its opening?

Saturday 28th of January.

How do you know it's the 28th?? I found January but nothing more.

It's on the Facebook page, the last Saturday of January.

Good good. Any news of tickets etc or just wait for more information.

The knifes, guns and drugs won't be coming out of hiding as there in most pubs and clubs now anyway. Niche does has a bad rep but it happens everywhere now think people still live in a bubble like nothing happens anywhere else but where the press report.

Had a feeling would be same owner as tank. Any more information like when it's opening etc? Have heard it's ment to be over 25s only.

Again wouldn't matter if it was in the wicker arches or dore village if something's going to happen then it will. People came from all over the U.K. To the original niche and if this has some success sure they will again.

I think you're far too worried or simply just going to the wrong places. I have never seen any trouble other than scuffles, and even that seems to happen rarely. I would suggest you switch up your location

I think you're far too worried or simply just going to the wrong places. I have never seen any trouble other than scuffles, and even that seems to happen rarely. I would suggest you switch up your location

I'm not worried at all but I also don't live in a bubble. If that's all you have seen then fair play your lucky but your either blind or don't want to see the world we live in now. I'll be there on opening night just like I was a regular to Sydney street niche, limit and vibe/niche.

I won't switch up locations as that's the local pubs and most places in the town centre and I got to those places because I like the music,atmosphere,drink and other reasons but I also accept that not everyone plays by the same rules. If you had a favourite pub but there was the odd few either dealing drugs or maybe carried a weapon im sure you wouldn't stop going and if you did then your loss.

Niche has pretty much always been rough,underground, whatever you want to call it but that doesn't stop you having a good night and enjoying yourself.

I suppose the age limit might stop some trouble, with lads having to be 25 and girls 21. But I don't think it's very likely. I find when a place has a reputation like that, no amount of rebranding is going to change it. It just attracts the wrong sort, who then ruin the night and the nightclubs in Sheffield for everyone else.

They also need to include a tighter security like they do at Tank so search on entry will be necessary. Will be like the new Fabric when it opens in terms of security.

Heavy security ain't a bad thing anyway just slows things down sometimes.

Well not bad for such a bad reputation club to sell out tickets in around 5 minutes. Well done niche hope you have a long a successful future.

I've just seen on Facebook that NICHE is reopening on the 28th January 2017. The opening event sold out in under five minutes.

For those of you who don't know, this is the club responsible for bringing a huge amount of drugs and violence from every corner of the country to Sheffield between 92 and 05. Gangs and dealers from cities like Manchester, London, Birmingham and Leeds all traveled far and wide every weekend for a piece of the pie.

Most memorable events include the stabbing of two bouncers, a drive-by shooting, and the murder of the owner's brother outside its own doors.

It was closed in 2005 after a 300-strong police raid operation found Class-A drugs.

The new building is now located behind the Ducati garage on Derek Dooley Way. A bit of stupid location if you ask me... I can just picture some fighting idiots falling into the busy road and getting skittled.

It also means it's within walking distance of Pitsmoor and Burngreave - two areas with some of the highest crimes rate in Sheffield.

But, alas, all is saved because they have a new age policy of 25+ for men and 21+ for women.

Any thoughts?

I've just seen on Facebook that NICHE is reopening on the 28th January 2017. The opening event sold out in under five minutes.

For those of you who don't know, this is the club responsible for bringing a huge amount of drugs and violence from every corner of the country to Sheffield between 92 and 05. Gangs and dealers from cities like Manchester, London, Birmingham and Leeds all traveled far and wide every weekend for a piece of the pie.

Most memorable events include the stabbing of two bouncers, a drive-by shooting, and the murder of the owner's brother outside its own doors.

It was closed in 2005 after a 300-strong police raid operation found Class-A drugs.

The new building is now located behind the Ducati garage on Derek Dooley Way. A bit of stupid location if you ask me... I can just picture some fighting idiots falling into the busy road and getting skittled.

It also means it's within walking distance of Pitsmoor and Burngreave - two areas with some of the highest crimes rate in Sheffield.

But, alas, all is saved because they have a new age policy of 25+ for men and 21+ for women.

Any thoughts?

Split age policies like that are not allowed in the UK, surely?